We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Confusion over dates
Comments
-
Forum software update?
Life in the slow lane0 -
I don't think that resets member joining dates, as it would presumably do so for everyone?
My guess would be a 2017 account was renamed to use the same name as an old dormant/closed pre-2009 one, thereby inheriting/blurring posting history…
1 -
I'm not sure. It appears to be the same forumite. They have the same post count (5+6=11). And the badges appear to be the same. (8 yr & combo-breaker)
If a forum member leaves, doesn't their username get changed to [Deleted User] ?
I wouldn't have thought it was possible until then that you could create a new user account with the same username as a former forumite.
0 -
I think they only appear to be the same because they have potentially been different accounts previously but both now point to the same set of details.
1 -
Hi
I think the most likely reason is a forum migration issue.
We have moved in the past from:
YABB2 → vBulletin → Vanilla
Looking at the dates, I'd guess vBulletin held the account imported without a date, then the first time the user logged in after the migration, it decided to give them that date for the Registration date.
The Forum Team did have the ability to manually change the registration date in vBulletin, but as far as I'm aware, this was only did for one reason - Forum Team accounts, like the very one I'm using now, were back-dated because only older accounts had access to the vBulletin legacy 'Green' theme, which had superior moderation controls.
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



