We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Vehicle insurance with part time job
Comments
-
I wouldn't mess around being fussy about your job involving working part time, what happens if someone is off sick, or on holiday, do you then work extra hours to cover? It also sounds odd that the insurance company thinks working 36 hours a week should be "part time", I would have thought it was more like 16 hours being part time. What about someone working condensed hours so only going to/from work 4 days, or working shifts? The combinations are many…
By way of an example, I had business use in connection with my full time employment, when I retired I phoned the insurance company to report a change of "employment" and it didn't make any difference whatsoever to the premium. The same with my OH, when she retired the cost was exactly the same on her insurance, not sure if she also had full business insurance or just commuting to/from work.
0 -
Condensed hours would mean you are still working your 35-40 but rather than it being 5 days of 8 hours it's 4 days of 10 hours. The clue is somewhat in the name.
Insurers are asking what your norm is, doing a few extra shifts before Xmas doesnt stop you being part time. Obviously there are some exceptions, Business Class is needed if you ever drive for work not if you only do it occasionally but you can read that by the way the question is worded and the policy book is worded
0 -
Wow, that means I've been working part time for the last 28 years as the standard full time contract in the fairly large company I work for has been 35 hours for a very long time.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
