We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd.

This discussion was created from comments split from: **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!.
This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
«13

Comments

  • rover02
    rover02 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    Hello, I have read a little bit of info in this forum but just wanted to double check the best course of action in my circumstances. I have received a PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd. I am not aware of any signage in relation to parking here. However, it was pitch black, around 6pm in the evening and nearly 7 weeks ago, so the person who was driving could be forgiven in not seeing these. In any case, this is the first letter I have received from CEL and it says the PCN issue date was 6 days after the 'incident' occurred. Given the time lapse and the fact I have no idea who was driving... what is my best course of action?

    I have gone on their website and entered the details with a view of appending the schpeel detailed on this forum but it says I am past the point at which I can appeal, even though this is the first letter I have received regarding this.

    Am I to simply ignore this and inevitable subsequent letters? Or should I submit an appeal on the POPLA website stating, as the RK, I do not know who was driving and have received this letter well outside of 14 days?

    Thanks

  • MSE_ForumTeam5
    MSE_ForumTeam5 Posts: 1,438 Community Admin
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Hi @rover02 we've split your question to be its own thread

    Official MSE Forum Team member. Please use the 'report' button to alert us to problem posts, or email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,117 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 17 February at 10:13AM

    What is the incident date ?

    What is the issue date on the pcn ?

    You definitely cannot appeal to popla without a popla code from a failed CEL appeal

  • rover02
    rover02 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    The incident date is 31/12/25 and the issue date is 06/01/26. This is the first letter I have had about it. But when I go to their site and enter the details it says I cannot appeal.

    Thank you for the prompt reply.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,117 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 17 February at 11:10AM

    They sent the pcn out at a reasonable time delay to expect presumed delivery 2 business days later on the 8th January, well within the 14 days under POFA2012

    It has since timed out, preventing any appeal

  • rover02
    rover02 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    I see, but I received it yesterday. I definitely haven't received any other letters before this.

    Can you advise what is the best course of action?

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,671 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Ignore them of course. See post 4 of the NEWBIES thread.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • rover02
    rover02 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    Hello, I have now received a letter from HM Courts & Tribunal Service. Am I right in thinking I just send the AOS and then a defence within the specified time frames.

    As stated above, I didn't receive the first letter regarding this incident until 7 weeks after the alleged parking occurred.

    The driver of the vehicle has still not been disclosed.

    What is the most appropriate defence to send back in the circumstances.

    Thanks

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,117 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    No paperwork is involved , just MCOL for now

    Is it an in-house CEL claim. ?

    Post the Issue date from the top right of the claim form below

    Post a redacted picture of the POC from the lower left of the claim form below after hiding the VRM details first

    Study the 8 steps in the defence template thread in announcements near the top of the forum

    You will be using the 10 paragraph template defence

  • rover02
    rover02 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    Thanks again for another amazingly quick response. I've done the AOS.

    See images below, it appears as though they have put sufficient detail in the POC?

    43007.jpg 43005.jpg

    I have the defence template.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.