Teacup Breed of Cat Wanted

Options
Hi.....

We want a Teacup Breed of cat.

We don't want to purchase via the route of using Western Union/Money Gram since from what I can see from reading on the net these are scams.

We want to be able to go direct to a seller, see the cat, buy the cat, and take it home with us all in one trip.

Any idea where to purchase one in the Berkshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire or surrounding areas?

Thanks,
Ken

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello kahlquist

I'll move your thread to the 'Pets & Pet Care' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Options
    Teacups in cats and dogs are poorly bred, I would avoid them if i were you unless you want hefty vet bills all the time.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Again I would really advice against getting one of these... Also any breeder who would let you walk in off the street, buy and walk away that day with a kitten would NOT in my book be a good breeder... Not to mention you'll be looking to pay a LOT of money for a cat with nothing but health problems. Have you checked to see if the insurance companies will even cover this breed? If not I hope you have a lot of savings ;)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • ~cleo~
    ~cleo~ Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    Teacup is just one of the many tags and labels that have been attached to dogs (and now cats) over the years. These terms may be used to entice prospective buyers into thinking that puppies or kittens described in this way are of greater monetary value which they are not and the use of these terms is incorrect and misleading. Unfortunately these words have been used to describe the size differences and physical appearances for so long they now seem legitimate and many have heath issues from breeding parents that are too small to be bred safely
    :rolleyes: Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who will get the blame.:j
  • HugoSP
    HugoSP Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Options
    PLEASE DON'T GET ONE OF THESE - DEMAND JUST ENCOURAGES CRUEL AND UNDESIREABLE BREEDING PRACTICES!

Get a normal cat instead.
    Behind every great man is a good woman
    Beside this ordinary man is a great woman
    £2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:
  • RooBee
    RooBee Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    HugoSP wrote: »
    PLEASE DON'T GET ONE OF THESE - DEMAND JUST ENCOURAGES CRUEL AND UNDESIREABLE BREEDING PRACTICES!

Get a normal cat instead.

Ditto.

Do you really want to line the pockets of some lowlife who purposely breeds sick animals with the sole purpose of making money. Do you know how adult cats are kept by such people?? In cages, bred from repeatedly & then dumped/euthanised when no longer of any use to them. I know my conscience wouldn't allow me to.

If you want a pedigree cat, there are plenty of reputable breeders around who only breed from top quality, health tested cats who are kept as much loved pets rather than breeding machines. Otherwise, rescue shelters will have loads of cats to choose from...all shapes, sizes, colours and coat types.
  • Tortieshell
    Options
    Having read the article I am totally appaulled. Why on earth would someone be breeding "teacup kittens", kittens are tiny little things anyway if you wanted something smaller get a gerbil!

Its inhumane and wrong, please dont buy one it will encourage the breeder(?) to breed more. Why would you want one anyway?
  • badmumof1
    badmumof1 Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Options
    i'd be worried about hoovering it up LOL :D
    in all seriousness please dont get one, they are just a fad that are coming through from the states and its sad that people have to follow like sheep in wanting one.
    I am a volenter (sp) for the CP and we had a rehoming show yesterday and it went really well.
    If you really want a cat then take on a cat from the CP you will be suprised as we do get some posh types of cats in too not just your run of the mill moggy
    If You See Someone Without A Smile......
    Give Them One Of Yours
  • kahlquist
    Options
    I knew when I posted this that the subject of this breed\type of cat would bring up such responses. We are aware of the risks in getting such a cat depending on the care/attention of the breeder....but then again that would be true no matter what sort of cat you got from the breeder. Are they in the business just to make money or do they actually care about the product they are turning out? I do know that breeders exist who care about the animals they provide....just not being British, I was hoping someone here could recommend some.

We have contacted shelters locally and they are aware that we would glady accept a teacup cat of any age if one became available.

We have several reasons for wanting such a small cat (and we can't have anything in the "rat variety" because we live on farmland).

Teacup cats are happy and content to stay indoors as required.
    They also do not tend to want to roam away from home or venture outside on their own.

If we did not live on a farmland with lots of traffic, we would be happy with any sort of cat from a rescue center. When we explained to the rescue center where we lived, they did not want to home a typical cat to us because they were also worried that it would be hit/killed by the farm traffic.

So any ideas on how to make a teenage girl happy since I think she has already been scammed once by a breeder for a teacup cat.

Ken
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport