We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Text Editor: Text cursor/position jumps around on mobile

PHK
PHK Posts: 2,678 Forumite
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
edited 15 September at 2:48PM in Report a Technical Issue

What I did:

Started typing a post

What Should happen:

When you press space the text cursor should advance on space

What happened:

The first word in a post exhibits odd behaviour, when I type the first word and press space the text cursor jumps back two spaces.

Why it matters:

You need to manually reposition the cursor after the word.

Device/Browser:

iPhone 15/Safari

Pixel 9 / Chrome

Samsung A54 / Chrome

2
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

  • MSE_Stephen
    MSE_Stephen Posts: 1,315 Community Admin
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!

    Hi @PHK

    I haven't seen any other reports of this behaviour.

    Are you still seeing this issue?

    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Flag a news story:
    news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 2,678 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Hi, I am. It's improved slightly and not happening every time. I've also noticed that when it happens the "Save Draft" and "Post Comment" buttons flash or blink.

  • vic_sf49
    vic_sf49 Posts: 896 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper

    Yes, this happens for me too.

    When starting my own post in "Report a Technical issue", the cursor jumped into the next paragraph, as it autosaved.

    It quite often happens if I'm trying to tag someone doing the "@" thingy.

    Again, I think it's all linked to the autosave.

    Samsung Tab A11, Firefox Browser.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.