We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

II cashing out problems

Hi

i used to be with XO share dealing but this was taken over by II. I don’t deal much and want to cash out and then close the account before the monthly payments start. However although the trading account shows the full cash amount c £3000 when I go to withdraw it just shows the very old cash balance of £160 as available. I messaged them and they said it could take 2-4 days for the cash to be available to withdraw but it’s been longer than that now. I’ve been holding on the phone for ages now without a reply. 

Has any else had this issue please?

TIA
Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.

Comments

  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Have you waited 2-4 working days?
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,424 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    jaybeetoo said:
    Have you waited 2-4 working days?
    Yes, I have at least 5 working days. 
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 121,845 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Has any else had this issue please?
    When was the settlement date of the last sale? 

    Settlement dates are up to 3 days after trade with most mainstream assets.    If the platform updates overnight, then add a further day.

    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,424 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 26 January at 6:06PM
    dunstonh said:
    Has any else had this issue please?
    When was the settlement date of the last sale? 

    Settlement dates are up to 3 days after trade with most mainstream assets.    If the platform updates overnight, then add a further day.

    dunstonh said:
    Has any else had this issue please?
    When was the settlement date of the last sale? 

    Settlement dates are up to 3 days after trade with most mainstream assets.    If the platform updates overnight, then add a further day.

    I”ll check again but I’m sure it was last Monday. 
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • Beddie
    Beddie Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I always send them a message, they usually reply within a day and do actually own the issue until its fixed.
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,424 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone. Cash became available today Tuesday 27th Jan. shares sold on Monday 20th Jan. I just wanted to close the account before the charges start. 
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,424 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Beddie said:
    I always send them a message, they usually reply within a day and do actually own the issue until it’s fixed.
    In the past they have been good, but recently they wrongly said in an email people were going to be put on the higher rate per month scheme and have been overwhelmed with enquiries. I held for 40 minutes on the phone before giving up. Also the reply to my specific message about cash withdrawal was a generated message saying they were sorry to see I was leaving without answering my specific query. 
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.