We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax Clarity card moving from MasterCard to Visa
Comments
-
I’ve received the genetic switch email only this morning for moving from Mastercard to Visa with a replacement in the next few weeks so I’m still on Mastercard presently with an expiry of Nov-26.
0 -
Ah, good point, it’s possibly linked to expiry of current card (mine is in a few months).
Funnily enough, my app has today been updated with a new card number (last 4 digits) so guess I can expect the actual card to arrive in the next few days.
0 -
Don't think it's linked to expiry date - mine is Oct 2027 and I only received the "next few weeks" message at the start of June.
Good to know you can see it in the app though and I'll look out for that.
0 -
Mine expires 01/29 an I have had a letter today.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
I received my VISA Clarity today - expiry 08/27, which is the same date I had on my Mastercard.
0 -
Received my Visa credit card a few days ago. The (Mastercard) card it replaces was Black. The new card is Blue and pretty much looks identical to my Halifax Debit card. I preferred having the cards in different colours (made it easier to identify which was which).
0 -
Lloyds have done the same with their green debit and credit cards.
0 -
My new Halifax Visa credit card is black, the same as the MasterCard that it replaced.
1 -
Interesting. I wonder why I ended up with a blue card this time. Maybe they run out of black cards?!? 😂
Ultimately, I would have preferred a black card, but it is what it is. And presumably, in the not too distant future, Lloyds branded (green?) cards will be issued. I wonder if the Lloyds branded cards will be issued only when existing Halifax branded cards expire, or sooner (as part of the rebranding)?0 -
Surely, if we're being honest, credit cards should really be red… because, by their nature, if you use one you're credit card account is in the red…
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

