We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O2 Excessive Price Rise

NWUK
NWUK Posts: 7
Third Anniversary First Post
Forumite
Just to let the forum know that given the above inflation price rises email I received, I waited until near the end of the 30 day period in which I could ditch O2 and I phoned up their customer services. Previously, my wife and I have been diligent and phoned O2 customer serives when we have dropped out of contract, so we were on a good deal anyway; however due to the pair of us being long-term O2 loyal subscribees (just under 20 years) O2 were delightful and offered us a REDUCTION on our current plan! We were on £10.50 per month pending the next rises in April 26; we are now on £8.50 per month - unlimited calls & texts, 50GB data and European roaming (as we travel to the rest of Europe quite often). We have always been impressed with O2. I know others haven't, but our experiences are counter to that. Bravo O2 (Telefonica)!

Comments

  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 19,446
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Presumably your contract will still rise in April though?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.