We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Cash ISA switch at maturity,advice on trying investing (first timer)
Dzza187
Posts: 6 Forumite
Hi,I’m looking for some advice please.
My fixed rate cash ISA ends next week and the new rate offered isn’t the best around tight now so obviously I’ll be switching. There’s not a great amount in there (around £22.5K) I was thinking of trying to invest my interest earned for this year but continue with a fixed rate cash ISA elsewhere but I’m not sure if that falls inline with the taxable savings rules. Has anyone done this? Can it be done keeping inline with my taxable allowance? Any recommendations on where to start in regards of investing platforms or accounts would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
My fixed rate cash ISA ends next week and the new rate offered isn’t the best around tight now so obviously I’ll be switching. There’s not a great amount in there (around £22.5K) I was thinking of trying to invest my interest earned for this year but continue with a fixed rate cash ISA elsewhere but I’m not sure if that falls inline with the taxable savings rules. Has anyone done this? Can it be done keeping inline with my taxable allowance? Any recommendations on where to start in regards of investing platforms or accounts would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
0
Comments
-
You could do that, if the providers involved allow partial transfers.
Regarding investment platforms, it is probably a good idea to have a good read through this forum and the associated savings and investments forum for ideas on platforms and investments.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards