We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
2026 - consolidation and calm
Comments
-
Sending them over. I'm not that excited about them 😆
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee1 -
I was in the office today, so took a normal packed lunch rather than my aubergine ones. They'll do for the next couple of days.
I've won a free sausage roll on the octopus app so will try and collect that at some point this week. If nothing else, little miss and I need to go to the library at the weekend, so she can have it then.
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee3 -
PAD (Payment a Day)
Today's PAD - £10
Jan - £172
Feb - £203
Mar - £143
Apr - £67
May - £108
Jun - £188
Jul - £78
Aug - £142
Sep - £180
Oct - £45
Car balance Sept 25 - £11,031 - now £6,707
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee3 -
A survey cashout to add to my PAD today.
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee3 -
I love aubergines but they don't love me.
A good baba ganoush is mind-blowing.
I love aubergines griddled, with a splash of miso, and some dukkah sprinkled on top as a burger in a bun.
Also tempura battered (can be done relatively healthily if you're careful).
Also sweated down before adding passata as a pasta sauce (gotta cook it down first or the tomato interferes).
Also! Moussaka!!
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
CC1 £14,122.71 -
CC2 - £6,975
CC3 £6,112.60 £6,495
1st Direct CC £176.03 £151.44
CC total £20,411.34 £13,621.44
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,400
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £3,825
Total £36,195.78 £19,846.44
EF £2,800
HF £3
EB £2501 -
Great pad today.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]1 -
I had my first lunch yesterday but didn't eat the 'shells'. It was ok. I shan't be rushing to buy it. Mousakka was where I had tried it before and didn't like it.
Thank you 😊
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee0 -
PAD (Payment a Day)
Today's PAD - £3
Jan - £172
Feb - £203
Mar - £143
Apr - £67
May - £108
Jun - £188
Jul - £78
Aug - £142
Sep - £180
Oct - £45
Car balance Sept 25 - £11,031 - now £6,706
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee0 -
£1 lottery win to the mortgage today on the PAD.
I'm unexpectedly heading into the office today to try and pin down a couple of things.
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
