We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2026 - consolidation and calm

1…107108109110111113»

Comments

  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,949 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thank you 😁

    They were both in private company car parks so I could probably have complained to the staff but I doubt they would do anything. They don't police the disabled and parent and child parking either.

    Yes, exactly, same entitled people 😡

    Thank you 😊

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,949 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    PAD (Payment a Day)

    Today's PAD - £15

    Jan - £172

    Feb - £203

    Mar - £143

    Apr - £67

    May - £108

    Jun - £188

    Jul - £78

    Aug - £142

    Sep - £180

    Oct - £33

    Car balance Sept 25 - £11,031 - now £6,717

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,949 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 4 October at 5:43PM

    Happy Sunday! I've had a busy morning. Another survey cashout on the PAD. I booked 2 hrs of free electricity today so have got the kids bedding done using the WM and TD. They've both had showers, the car is on charge, all devices are on charge, we've hoovered through the whole house. I think we've made a good effort! I also won 800 points on the free spins this morning, so I was quite pleased with that.

    Little miss did parkrun this morning, and I had booked my flu jab so we could just walk over and get that done after, so that was handy. We were in and out before my booked time!

    I've made SW quiche this morning, and also some stuffed aubergine for my lunches this week. I haven't liked aubergine when I've had it before, and suspect that will still be the case, but they were in my F&V box, so I didn't want to waste them.

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,949 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 4 October at 1:56PM

    2026 Declutter update

    708. NT Handbook

    709. Lego game

    710. Craft box

    711. Train

    712. Perfume bottle

    713. TNP Train

    714. Socks

    715 - 717. T Shirts

    718 - 719. Foot cream

    720. Dog collar

    721 - 727. School uniform

    728 - 736. Clothing

    737 - 746. Dog figures

    747. Socks

    748. Pasta bowl

    749. Trousers

    750 - 752. Pens

    Magazines/Papers - 298
    Other - 750

    Total: 1048

    Ebay listings: 69
    Ebay parcels: 61

    Survey/other earnings:
    Amazon: £15
    Paypal/cash: £304.03
    Other vouchers: £135

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,822 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I'm not over keen on aubergine either @jwil but really enjoy it when it's made into baba ganoush - even better now that we can use tahini as a Healthy Fat rather than having to use valuable Swips on it! Great with lots of chopped veg as part of a picky plate lunch.

  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,949 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I've never tried baba ganoush, it sounds like it might be ok. One to remember if I'm stuck with one in the future. I'm glad they introduced the healthy fats, it makes life easier!

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,822 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Couldn't agree more. I often have avocado and great that it's now included as a healthy fat rather than Swips!

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.