We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
Comments
-
Evening all. A belated Happy Easter everyone. Hope everyone has had a good day.
That nice man in the sky sent some lovely weather today just so I could get some washing dry, wasn’t that kind of him. Did another load of darks ready to go out in the morning and then just one more will see laundry bin empty thank goodness.
Dinner was fridge and freezer.
Preped a whole bag of onions, into a bag and frozen flat. Got some bacon and pastry out for cheese and bacon thingies and possibly a nice cheese, onion and bacon quiche tomorrow. While that’s in the oven I should make a start on the parsnips and carrots.
Thanks for mums birthday wishes @Mrs_Salad_Dodger, mums in the phase where they are just keeping her comfortable, the nurse and staff are really wonderful, I’m so grateful.Have a wonderful Easter Monday all, God bless and sweet dreams xx
Saving 1 animal wont change the world - but it will change the world for that 1 animal
2026 Frugal Living Challenge
2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
26 for 202618 -
Happy Easter/Ostara to everyone 🎉🐣
No real decluttering, spent time with Ma, chatted had a cuppa or two and left her with a heap of puzzles that had been given to me in the week.
Tried out our new food slicer & vacuum packing machine on a bargain slow cooked gammon joint.. Yaaaay.. it was a success, they’ll both be used for a variety of things and we’re pleased at the investment. Both were sourced brand new, one via main supplier and the other Vinted at a considerable discount 😉
DIY day for MiL tomorrow, lots to do ☺️
Ooh Thankoo MrSD for my ⭐️.. I’m most chuffed ☺️
"There's a little witch in all of us"🔮🪬🧿DEBT FREE 06/2018Mrs SD’s Decluttering 2025 ⭐️ 🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇
Mrs SD’s Decluttering 2026 ⭐️ 🥇🥇
💗🐾💗17 -
Thank you @vulpix xx
Saving 1 animal wont change the world - but it will change the world for that 1 animal
2026 Frugal Living Challenge
2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
26 for 202612 -
Dizzycap - the angel is amazing.
I went to bestie's corps this morning. We went early so we could pop in the charity shop to alter the window display. It was a cross draped with fabric plus writing about Jesus. We changed it to flowers around the cross with - He Is Risen on the wording.
We were given an Easter egg which was donated by a local company.
I came home and gave my bestie her Birthday present.
I was picked up by my grandson and taken to my daughter's house. We had a lovely roast lamb dinner - I ate it all - had asked for a small meal. I didn't get home until after 8.
I weighed myself today - haven't put any on.
18 -
Evening all. Bizarre weather here - very bright with blue skies, then hail, then sun, then rain - all day. DGS4 stayed at his dad's last night but was soon here this morning. He is fine with the imposed no small screens long weekend but teenage sister is not coping so well. He said he didn't mind as he prefers to be outside and doing things. I sent messages to his mum for him and some photos. It won't have done either of them any harm. I briefly saw DGD3 as she asked for some money to go to gym which she came and collected. Roast lamb at DS2's.
DGS4 and I did some more sorting and space clearing in the garage and he started sorting his lego that had been filling my wardrobe shelves. He has quite a lot at his dads but small bedroom there. He is very excited because he is getting a Billy bookcase with glass doors in bedroom 3 here to display more of his stuff. Moving stuff out of my bedroom meant I could put some boxes of papers etc in there and empty the Billy bookcase (I have another 2) and another bookcase and small bedside drawers ready for bedroom 3 once carpet is laid Thursday. Sox is very suspicious that things have been moved but has been in empty bookcase and sat on everything I moved. I have got some ornaments in a couple of boxes which I will need to make a decison on when I get round to doing the lounge. Many papers to sort through as well but I am getting there slowly. I just need to buy a new bed for bedroom 3. DGS4 came back with me after dinner but decided at 7 this evening that we should go to the park. Lovely park nearby but I took car - bright evening but wind was bitterly cold. He played football for half an hour and then came back for shower, supper and bed. He will no doubt be up at dawn planning my day for me.
DGS1 handed in his dissertation today - no idea how those 3 years have gone so fast. He is off walking in South Wales with a friend for a few days then back to uni for an exam and a couple of essays. DD said she's been working in the garden most of the days but 3-4 hours is enough. Wish I could still do that long. A little while ago there was a discussion about making things from old cutlery - managed to find the bud vase I was given made from spoon and fork/knife handle. Picture below along with Sox testing the temporary position for the bookcase.
386 Living cleaned, sorted, moved round and tat binned
387 Collection of paper to recycling
388 Candle holder to CS bag
389 Dinosaur Storage cubes to CS bag - DGS4 said he was too big for them now
2026 Decluttering and redistribution 960/1526 Major job list 230/500 Total 1190/2026 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅(🏅)
2026 Weight loss 1st target 2/25
2026 1p Challenge 267/365
2026 NSD Feb 10/28 Mar 7/31 April 8/30 May 6/31June 7/30 July 6/31 Aug 9/31Sep 14/3025 -
- Daily To Do List - written the night before
- Sort out sleep patterns - initial targets: bed by 03:00, up by 10:30
- Don’t put it down, put it away + deal with mini tasks as soon as they are noticed e.g. refill olive pourer or salt cellar, stitch up a hole in a garment etc.
- Commence ‘Operation Financial Frog Tickling’ using the acronym - I.R.I.S. (Identify, Research, Implement, Sign Off) - One per quarter
- Continue to keep kitchen clean & tidy - before going to bed
- Plan & Execute ONE Major Project - 2026 New Bathroom
- Target 2026 items out
Sunday continued: DH filled the bird feeders, fed the worms & trimmed the hedge in the front garden. I watched TV & knitted - a 2 tone scarf. Dinner was lamb, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots & tender-stem broccoli + frozen cauliflower & broccoli with DH making gravy 😋 DSis treated us - an Easter Egg for me & a bar of chocolate for DH. Wudupa.
607-609 Kitchen recycling, magazine, drinks cans - recycled
610 Kitchen detritus binned
Dizzycap, wonderful & understanding words for Florenceem 🥹 Sounds like Babyface is on the mend, so hopefully you will have a bit more time to tend to your needs 🙏 I am awarding you a Gold Star ⭐️ for the unstinting care you have given to Babyface ☺️ Also please accept 💐 & some very gentle cwtches 🤗 I am so pleased that you have time to post now & am looking forward to hearing about this year’s swan antics & maybe even another family of foxes ☺️ The Christmas Angel & dove is stunning 😍 you are so talented ☺️
What a beautiful idea Brie ☺️
Lovely thoughtful posts Moorviews 🥹
mehefin, such a thoughtful & empathetic post 🥹
dND, I love the idea that Gino has hidden his medal ☺️ Wonderful cheerleading 🥹 We are lucky enough to have a photo shop with a photographer rather than having to use a Photo Booth 😊 Granted it is more expensive but the photo is digitally loaded & verification of the acceptability of the photo is immediate. You also receive physical copies of the photo. Hopefully once you have sent off your old passport, you will receive the new one within a week 🤞 Beautiful flowers 🌺 Excellent work decluttering the Spanish bluebells & well done on starting the sorting & classification of your CDs 👏
florianatwobob, the salmon sounds delicious 😋 The passport office is doing a roaring trade from our Declutterati family 😉 I do hope we will be treated to photos of the dark purple irises & the ornamental cherry that unexpectedly jumped into your trolley 🙊
Lovely post Dizzycap ☺️ Very impressed that you got so many gardening jobs done in the early hours of the morning 🤩
GrannyKate, sounds like you have had a wonderful time with the family 🥹 Sorry to hear about DIL’s car being written off 😔 but relieved to hear that she is OK & uninjured 😮💨 More great work in the garden & well done on packing for your holiday in Portugal 👏 Is Sox going into a cattery or will DS2 be looking after him?
regnbue, pleased to hear that you are making use of the TLC Carriage ☺️ Wow, that was a long time to wait for your new sofa 🧐 However it does look really comfortable. Love the bunnies ☺️
BlueJ94, at least it is only our recycling bin that is emptied late 😥 Good luck decluttering your room & good luck to your OH 🍀
Love the garden Green_hopeful ☺️ & what a great idea to make feet for the fencing for ease of movement 👏 Your ducks are very lucky that you are taking such good care of them 🥹
Deb4, excellent decluttering 👏 That pulled pork sounds delicious 🤤
Lovely cheerleading vulpix 😊 Thanks for the photos, that was an epic job removing all the plants & bushes 🤩 From jungle to fenland 😉 Sounds like you & MrV had a lovely but hectic time with your family visiting 🥹 Sorry to hear that your knee is so painful 😥 Hopefully the doctor will be able to sort some treatment & pain relief 🙏
suzeesu2000, I will pop round tomorrow & help you out with the cheese, onion & bacon quiche 🙊 as you are probably running out of space in your freezer now that it is filled with vegetables 😉
MadamMim2013, nice to spend time with your mum 🥹 Sounds like your new food slicer & vacuuming packing machine will get lots of use over the coming months 😊 Should help in stocking more food into the freezer 🥳
Florenceem, always nice when someone else does the cooking 😉 You might not have put any weight on but I am inferring that the weight loss has stopped 🤞
I have almost caught up but have run out of steam ☹️ Sleep tight 😴
MrsSD Awards: 💐 🙏💐💐🌟⭐️❤️💐💐⭐️💐❤️ ⭐️🎖️
DH Awards: 🏅🏅🏅
DSis Awards:
Decluttering Target 2026: 610/2026
1p Savings Challenge Running Total: £73.00
Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. ⭐️2026 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £373.16
Jan £5.00 Feb £12.75 Mch £23.25 Apr £32.00 May £42.16 Jun £49.95 July £61.50 Aug £71.00 Sep £75.55 Oct £ Nov £ Dec £ Grand Total £20 -
Belates Happy Easter 🐰 🐣
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x13 -
Another pain free night - the increase in medication has worked.
Grandson J has arrived and is busy applying caulk to the skirting board.
Last night I ordered some fence paint - special price over the holiday weekend. My Sil who brought me home last night is doing a tip run and then popping to Th. Rang. - next door to Wicke. so will collect the paint for me.
Sunny day here - no plans to go out.
I have heard about my Ike. delivery tomorrow - got a 4 hour slot which is much better than the 7 - 7 they gave me when I did the order.
Hope everyone has a good day.
15 -
Morning all. Mrs SD - DS2 and family are also going to Portugal. They went in April last year as DB and partner were kind enough to loan them their apartment near the sea for a free week. This year they asked if they would stay at their house as they don't like leaving it empty for longer holidays (they are off on a cruise). I think they have sold the flat now - they bought it to live in whilst builders were taking extra long to finish the house - they did rent it out for a couple of years but a lot of hassle as it was some distance from their home. Sox is going to the cattery - it is one I used some years ago - I am guessing he has never been before as he hadn't had any jabs when I got him. I am fairly sure he will not be impressed. I have booked for July holiday as well.
Washing is out on the line - it may dry at least a bit. Dishwasher emptied and bacon sandwiches eaten. I have to take children back to their mums at teatime - traffic shouldn't be too bad although it is a seaside town at bank holiday time. I remembered to charge my laptop as I need it tomorrow and Wednesday and I've dealt with some small frogs. I had to repack suitcase as I opened it upside down looking for bite ointment last night. DGS4 got a bite behind the ear when we went to park. I gather pollen count is high and his eyes are puffy today. He has had a good winter with very little signs of his asthma but hay fever really sets it off most years.
I may get dressed. DGS4 is watching some utube thingy on tv - seems to involve capturing Easter bunnies who kidnap children - I may have that completely wrong!
390 Small frogs munched up before breakfast
2026 Decluttering and redistribution 960/1526 Major job list 230/500 Total 1190/2026 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅(🏅)
2026 Weight loss 1st target 2/25
2026 1p Challenge 267/365
2026 NSD Feb 10/28 Mar 7/31 April 8/30 May 6/31June 7/30 July 6/31 Aug 9/31Sep 14/3013 -
2 bags need to go to charity and 2 out of the 3 black bags in the bin!
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100015
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




