We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Barclays mobile app

GTR_King
GTR_King Posts: 2,151 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
edited 25 December 2025 at 1:08AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Hi all!

I can view all my PDF bank statements all the way back to 2015!

when will my 2015 statements drop off the app & Barclays systems as they will be 10 years old from January 

How far Back (years) can you view statements via the app & how long to Barclays keep hold of that data? 

This is my first ever statement with Barclays


I was just wondering that’s all
«1

Comments

  • I download all mine from Nationwide and keep them locally.
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 6,484 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    My statements go back to when I opened my first Barclays bank accounts in early 2013.
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 2,151 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Wow that’s a long time 12 years old!

    I was wondering when they fall off the Barclays system though it was 6-7 years 
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 7,544 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 25 December 2025 at 9:13AM
    GTR_King said:
    Wow that’s a long time 12 years old!

    I was wondering when they fall off the Barclays system though it was 6-7 years 
    Why do you want to know when they fall off the app/system?

    Even if they're not in the app and available to you Barclays may still retain those records.

    Edit: I've just checked and one of my Barclays accounts has statements going back to November 2009 when I opened the account available in the app..
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 6,484 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    GTR_King said:
    Wow that’s a long time 12 years old!

    I was wondering when they fall off the Barclays system though it was 6-7 years 
    Last I checked my Lloyds statements went far further back than that.
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 2,151 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Emmia said:
    GTR_King said:
    Wow that’s a long time 12 years old!

    I was wondering when they fall off the Barclays system though it was 6-7 years 
    Why do you want to know when they fall off the app/system?

    Even if they're not in the app and available to you Barclays may still retain those records.

    Edit: I've just checked and one of my Barclays accounts has statements going back to November 2009 when I opened the account available in the app..
    I was just wondering that’s all & wow 2009 is a long time! Didn’t think Barclays went back that far.

    wmb194 said:
    GTR_King said:
    Wow that’s a long time 12 years old!

    I was wondering when they fall off the Barclays system though it was 6-7 years 
    Last I checked my Lloyds statements went far further back than that.

    So Lloyds go back longer than 10 years 
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 2,810 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 25 December 2025 at 10:38AM
    I have statements in my Barclays app going back to April 2010 (around the time I took out my mortgage with them).
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
  • noitsnotme
    noitsnotme Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 25 December 2025 at 11:14AM
    Mine go back to November/December 2009 (Barclays - statement dated 11th December but covers transactions from Nov 13th to Dec 11th) although the accounts are years older than that.  So perhaps 16 years is the maximum?
  • RBS says last 7 years, online. The app only seems to be the last 12 months.
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 2,151 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Mine go back to November/December 2009 (Barclays - statement dated 11th December but covers transactions from Nov 13th to Dec 11th) although the accounts are years older than that.  So perhaps 16 years is the maximum?
    Wow that’s a long time! When did you open your account? 

    Do Barclays store your digital date for that long? 

    Maybe data for like paper statements is less than that! flaneurs_lobster said:
    RBS says last 7 years, online. The app only seems to be the last 12 months.
    That’s not very long maybe more on the website 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.