We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Does this count as 2 DD's? for Nationwide switch

Looking to do a joint account Switch from Co op to Nationwide for the £175.
Looks like a good account as we will get cash back on our spending. 
But does this count as 2 active Direct debits?
Obviously papal is active, so that counts.
The TV license comes out on the 1st Dec, but hasn't yet.
The parent pay one I was going to use to pay for lunches, but she had packed lunches.
Is it too soon to start the Switch? - should I wait until the TV one is paid?

Comments

  • My usual advice is that if they appear on your online banking then they are good to go. For belt and braces you could wait until the TV license pulls, but I don't think it's strictly required. You could always start your switch now but elect for a date a few weeks from now (but within the terms of the switch offer) if you're worried about Nationwide pulling it in the new year.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,146 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Worked for me.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't know about Nationwide but with other banks I got the bonus even though payment hadn't been taken. You could always put 10p on your parent pay balance. 
  • superdayold
    superdayold Posts: 75 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh dear, my switch has completed. But my old co-op account hasn’t closed. Have had trouble seeing the new joint account in my nationwide app (though it appeared in my husbands app straight away, and when I phoned last week they said my DOB had been wrong on the application (not sure how they can open a bank account with that!) and a new file had been opened for me so I had 2 files, which they would merge and it would then appear in my app. Still hasn’t yet 6 days later. But today I got a text to say the switch was complete so I checked my co op app and the old account is still open. I guess it’s to do with the error in the date of birth. Have I failed? Any advice please? Thanks 
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 5,039 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Oh dear, my switch has completed. But my old co-op account hasn’t closed. Have had trouble seeing the new joint account in my nationwide app (though it appeared in my husbands app straight away, and when I phoned last week they said my DOB had been wrong on the application (not sure how they can open a bank account with that!) and a new file had been opened for me so I had 2 files, which they would merge and it would then appear in my app. Still hasn’t yet 6 days later. But today I got a text to say the switch was complete so I checked my co op app and the old account is still open. I guess it’s to do with the error in the date of birth. Have I failed? Any advice please? Thanks 
    Repeated in a new thread here:  https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6650207/nationwide-switch-failed-anything-i-can-do
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.