We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2023 parking fine, was unloading equipment into a venue

2»

Comments

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,200 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Just to confirm my issue date is 25th November and I acknowledged on December 1st am I right in thinking I have until December 28th?
    No, because its a Sunday 

    As mentioned above,  use the bespoke Smart Parking defence in the group thread by Sluzz,  today,  on MCOL 

    No stories,  stick to the template 
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 27,179 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Just to confirm my issue date is 25th November and I acknowledged on December 1st am I right in thinking I have until December 28th?
    With an issue date of 25/11/25 and having completed the AoS in a timely manner your defence deadline date is 4.00 p.m. on 29/12/25
    December 28th is a Sunday; no defence would be due on a week-end or bank holiday
  • Thanks a lot. I simply just copied and pasted? Seems too simple after reading so many different variations in this forum. But again thanks for your help & guidance much appreciated. 


  • Supernova31
    Supernova31 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post

    hi everyone, my defence was received 29th December I then received this letter. Again dated 29th December. Can I presume now that the 28 days has passed? Or do I expect to hear back from them.

    image.jpg
  • ChirpyChicken
    ChirpyChicken Posts: 3,616 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Forget any time scales

  • oh really? Why is that. Are they likely to apply for the stay to be lifted

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,200 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 3 February at 11:15AM

    Its usually caused by admin and processing delays at the CNBC, Especially over Xmas and New Year

    It doesn't really matter why, all that matters is what happens next , which is currently unknown

  • Supernova31
    Supernova31 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post

    Hi I have submitted DQ and I remember booking in mitigation for around the end of April but now I can’t remember the date etc iv had three very close family bereavements within a 6 week period and I just can’t seem to remember the date at all! Is their anyway I can double check these details?

    And just to confirm once mitigation is over are the next steps just waiting for a court date? - Sorry to ask struggling to retain info atm.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,200 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    You can check with the mediation service but you should have an email about it

    If you miss mediation it doesn't matter anyway

    Afterwards, the case is transferred to the local court you nominated in your N180 DQ document, that court will write to you in due course with instructions, which may include two or more dates, but not necessarily a hearing date

    The 2nd post in the newbies sticky thread in announcements near the top of the forum tells you what to do after the transfer

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,757 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Yep don't worry if you miss Mediation.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.