We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Never using EVRI again!

13»

Comments

  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 14,502 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I specify not to use DPD for my deliveries, due to a couple of bad experiences.
    Ironically, my EVRI driver is a nice chap and we always exchange pleasentries when he delivers.

    Similarly always OK with the Royal Mail folk.

  • Yes I am mostly a buyer the Evri man is quite good but Evri doesn't treat parcels with much respect.
    I did ask a couple of sellers on eBay to use a different courier than Evri, the reply was "We don't get to choose the courier Evri is the default" So I was left with only one option to leave eBay for good.

    I buy a couple of items from an independent retailer so when they used Whistl and Evri once they did use Whistl and RM previously and after my complaint they used Whistl and RM again.
    I don't know why they use Whistl then RM. But they used Whistl and Evri once more so I complained to them again. I've had a few more purchases since and they used Whistl and RM again.

    I Google "latest Evri disasters" now and then. It always brings the results Damaged goods, Lost goods, deliveries to the wrong addresses and stolen items. They had to rebrand from Hermes due to the terrible reputation they deserved. Now named Evri they are gathering another terrible reputation so maybe they will rebrand again.

    Rather than go to the effort of requesting a seller not to use Evri, I left eBay. Although Amazon is a bit more expensive I get a delivery next day or two I have always received intact parcels with no damage, BUT one Amazon delivery came via Evri and yes you guessed it it was damaged.

    Something really has to be done about Evri they are costing us all extra costs

  • rollingmoon
    rollingmoon Posts: 317 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 24 August at 6:02PM

    The type of horror stories to which you refer can be found for all couriers; it's a race to the bottom, as they all try to deliver more stuff for less money. I use Evri quite a bit for selling on eBay, and I have yet to have a problem. Whereas the latest in Royal Mail's long list of transgressions with me is a parcel they claim to have delivered; the evidence for which is a (the?) parcel on the open door step of someone else's house, with someone else in shot. That, and a forged signature on their terminal. As you can imagine this is going to need some effort to sort out, but I will sort it. No way are they getting away with this… truth is, they're all as bad as each other.

  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 33,232 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Same RM48, one item took 12 days to arrive. Smallish boxes about the size of a 1kg bag of sugar.

    I have the same issue buying items when the seller uses RM48 also.

    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,531 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Royal Mail Tracked 24 has been almost perfect the last few months. Tracked 48 is also pretty good, but only for parcels, it dips considerably on letter/large letter Tracked 48. Any other Royal Mail service is pot luck in my experience as a seller, predominantly using RM.

    As for Evri their delivery service when using them to send is not terrible, unfortunately I had problems with their accounting. On two separate occasions they sent some massive surcharges which they later apologised for. These were across different marketplaces, affecting other sellers. On the last instance they were 30-50p surcharges that I had to manually process a claim for each one. When running into over 200 that was something of a massive pain. So I won't be using them again. It looks like I'm stuck with Royal Mail. What isn't mentioned a lot are their account surcharges which continue to go up so I've had to pass on those price rises unfortunately.

    .
  • Bewareofrogues
    Bewareofrogues Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 1 September at 3:13PM

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E3IrN-IPvc
    This video is the Evri way of delivering "Why Everyone hates Evri'

  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 8,333 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Not everyone has a problem with Evri. I buy loads of things online but don’t have a choice which courier is used which I imagine is usual. I’ve never had a single problem with them. Everything has been delivered on time apart from one item which turned up a day early 😺. I am wondering if the area or town you live in makes a difference.

  • GabbaGabbaHey
    GabbaGabbaHey Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I arrived home the other day to the sight of a parcel on my doorstep (not unusual, unfortunately - our parcel box is at least 10cm away from where they normally abandon my parcels, just below the door bell that they appear unable to ring).

    It was an eBay delivery, using Evri - except that neither the addressee nor any part of the address matched mine. It was for a house on the other side of our town, so I ended up doing a 20 minute drive to deliver Evri's parcel for them.

    Philip
  • jeffuk
    jeffuk Posts: 691 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    You should contact Evri and claim your £0.65p - £0.90p wages.

  • Robert7578
    Robert7578 Posts: 57 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper

    I have used Evri reguarly since they changed their name and never had one lost or damaged parcel.

    As far as I know a parcel left outside in a public acessable place has not been delivered and you do not have to pay for it . They have no evidence they handed it over to you .

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.