We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Never using EVRI again!
Comments
-
I see you are the buyer, so you get a refund.
0 -
(Removed by Forum Team)
I wouldn't join this 'get together' because I have no issue with Evri at all.
I think it might depend on the actual courier you get in your area.
(and you might like to read MSE rules about 'active boycotting').
I don't understand why you have deleted your eBay account.
Are there no alternative couriers available on the items you buy?
2 -
I agree it seems an extreme measure but when you buy on ebay you have no control of the courier used to deliver to you. You may choose only to buy from sellers who specify a particular courier but there is no guarantee they will actually use that courier. If the item is simple delivery your only options are 'standard' or 'express' iirc.
0 -
OK.
I tend to buy more on Vinted which often does give you the option of couriers.
0 -
Would choosing local shop off be a option for ones Evri parcel pickup ?
Its probably harder for Evri,s drivers to mess the shop up would be my thinking but its still possible the package could walk at the shop.
Ive seen them dumped piled up on the floor out the back of one dump/shop .
Stating that Evri uses self employed contractors is just passing the buck/fault …Evri is 100% wholly responsible but for greater financial profit …..chooses to take no responsibility at all and stonewall the customer .
Some of the diversion blame game posts going on here is as big a joke as Evri is ..Hermes had to change the name from Hermes to Evri….as the Hermes name was so tarred throughout the industry it would have failed .
2 -
Finding RM are worse at the moment. Stuff that is supposed to be tracked shows
collected days after it actually was and 48h delivery can take over a week.
I used to cringe when the delivery showed EVRI but now I cringe when it says RM.Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...0 -
Again apologies for the double quote, on MSE I can never get rid of a 'wrong' quote.
I am the same as you, at the moment RM is considerably worse outgoing than Evri , if you look at another thread I posted a few days ago I had 3 INRs open on ebay for RM items in a single week which was a large percentage of the actual amount of parcels sent. The 2 that were custom postage took 8 and 10 days respectively to arrive.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
@soolin what service were you using with Royal Mail? I just had a lengthy conversation with my RM account manager. I've had problems with everything but Tracked 24, my last month's next day delivery on T24 was 100%. For Tracked 48 large letter it was below 85% on time delivery. I had to stop using all the other services as they were worse, that included RM24, first class, etc.. It seems to me that Amazon, and a few other companies, pressure them for Tracked 24 to be close to perfect and that's where the bulk of their money comes from now.
.0 -
Mine were RM48, 2 were large letter (custom postage) and one small parcel (SD) . I'm really hitting issues with RM at the moment although my incoming post is considerably better.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
I'm hearing a fair bit about RM problems, and had a few incoming ones myself, from a few different places. My best guess was that they had summer staff who weren't as trained as they could have been, either that or they were simply down on numbers. They have clearly prioritised Tracked 24 and parcels. I'm concerned at how Christmas can go. I've had details of throttling, so I'm only allowed to send up to three times post in the Christmas period. In the last week of sending last year I was 10-20 times.
.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
