We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Advents 2025 chat

13»

Comments

  • redfox5 said:
    Lilaclion said:
    Omg! I've just had my insta account permanently disabled! No insta timeouts like in previous years. I just suddenly got a message saying they were reviewing my account, followed by another saying that it's been permanently disabled!! No right of appeal. 

    I was thinking it was going well this year as I hadn't had any 'time outs' like in previous years. So flippin annoyed. I wish companies would go back to website advents. 
    Now I'm worried. I was wondering why I had not got any timeouts yet....Do you post other things on your insta? Or is it purely a comping one?
    Mostly comps - I've posted a few things over the years so did have a few family pics on there. Good luck, hope you make it through the advent season :smiley:
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 5,454
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Is it just me, or is there no Sort By option on the Advents part of the Comps board?
    Thanks!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competitions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 74,995
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    LizB62 said:
    Is it just me, or is there no Sort By option on the Advents part of the Comps board?
    Thanks!
    Default is by latest post/reply:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/advent-competitions

    If you want by original posting date:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/advent-competitions?sort=new
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,137
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Has anyone won anything on the advents yet?
  • redfox5
    redfox5 Posts: 28,026
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yes! I won a tree decoction from Swarovski. But that's all so far.


    Wins in 2023 - 35
    Wins in 2022 - 43
    Wins in 2021 - 62
    Wins in 2020 - 68
    Wins in 2019 - 5
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.