We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Signing up to UBL UK
kipperman
Posts: 299
Forumite
Anyone else had the same woes, or am I just unlikely. I have sent them an email whinging, but can't imagine I will get much of a response.
0
Comments
-
I don't have any personal experience of UBL but one thing I don't like about their fixed rate cash ISAs is that their default maturity option is to take out another similar fix and they don't have an easy access or 'maturity' ISA account option which you can choose.
While arranging an external transfer away with another provider on the day of maturity is certainly an option, if that was to go wrong or be delayed for any reason (which can happen), it would be a bit more tricky to resolve than if the funds were waiting in an easy access account, which is a common option for most other ISA providers.
With a number of other providers paying only a faction less for a 2 year fix, I'd be inclined to look at those too if you're already having problems with UBL before you've even got started.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
