We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What makes you block buyers / potential buyers?

13»

Comments

  • Momogeew said:
    Momogeew said:
    So you would block me because i'm asking something that you, the seller, should have stated in your listing ?

    Erm, no. I didn't say that, and I don't believe anyone else did either...
    I was replying to the thread, i hadn't tagged you.
    The point still stands... where did anyone say that they'd block someone for asking a question that wasn't answered by reading the listing? 
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 8,333 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    soolin said:
    I block a few people, those who start asking daft questions- and when i check have a habit of leaving poor feedback for other sellers - in fact if I come across a serial leaver of poor feedback for other sellers I tend to block anyway.

    I have in the past blocked buyers who have started asking 'where is my item' (usually in capitals) a few hours after buying. I have also blocked those who want 'guarantees' who just scream they are going to be difficult ..I had one ask several questions about how difficult a clasp was on a vintage necklace, a question I have no problem with usually, but this one kept going on and on about whether their mother would be able to do the clasp- complete with medical history ..then could she clasp it herself, do I know how many people had worn this...it was endless. 
    I have a good solution for that.  You can get a pair of tiny magnets that fit on the clasps making it super easy to fasten, unfasten the necklace.  There’s loads of different shapes and weights on Amazon
  • red_boots2
    red_boots2 Posts: 220 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 22 November 2025 at 7:07PM
    I've had an absolutely insane one this week...

    My wife ended up in Intensive Care in London (thankfully she's on the mend and will be okay). I set myself as 'away'. Had message from a potential buyer asking if something was still available, I said it was but I'm currently away as my wife is in intensive care and I wouldn't be back until end of Nov...

    He messaged "I need it sooner, can't you get someone to post it for you?" Nothing else.

    Didn't respond and just blocked him.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.