We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

.k............................................

13

Comments

  • I used to just do £1 payments into energy account. Nice and simple.
  • Petriix said:
    Sign up for Trading212 using a referral link, open a stocks and shares ISA and deposit via debit card as many times as you want. £1 at a time works fine.
    After £2000 of card deposits there is a 0.7% fee.
  • juw8e7 said:
    Look guys, forget the bleeding Carrots, OK. Sheesh.
    Thanks. 
    10 Kebabs then.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • gary1312
    gary1312 Posts: 196
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 12 September 2025 at 9:08PM
    I completed the recent TSB incentive (20 transactions per month) by logging onto my broadband or mobile phone  account and paying a pound off my bill x 20. These were the only transactions on the account barring the monthly deposit and I had no problems. I'd have been less keen to mess about in Tesco buying twenty small items, especially as I wasn't using the account other than to bag the cash and hotel stay.


  • Lumiona
    Lumiona Posts: 278
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I use my debit card to transfer into a savings account. I have 2 savings accounts that allow payments by debit card, Skipton and Family Building Society. I transfer 10x £10 payments in.
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,320
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Pay small amounts off credit card
    Pay small amount to utilities companies 
    Put through single items at supermarkets 
    Deposit amounts into savings accounts
    Buying a pint at the pub multiple times
    Theres any amount & 10 payments is dead easy
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,877
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    juw8e7 said:
    How long does the £1000 credit have to stay in account? Thanks.
    A nano second. ie it can go in & straight out again. It doesn’t have to be £1k in one lump. It could be 2x£500, 4x£250 etc etc. Just make sure you leave enough in there to cover your DD payments. 

  • juw8e7 said:
    Thanks for replies. I transferred in £1300 and transferred it out a few hours later and it still hasn't hit HSBC. Im getting a bit worried now. Is FPS max. 2 hours?
    Faster payments can take up until end of next working day, but that's very much an exception.

    Co-op tend not to be the quickest but don't think I've waited more than a couple of hours for a FP out to credit elsewhere. Don't have HSBC so don't know if they are tardy to credit.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 5,275
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    juw8e7 said:
    Thanks for replies. I transferred in £1300 and transferred it out a few hours later and it still hasn't hit HSBC. Im getting a bit worried now. Is FPS max. 2 hours?
    If it's the first time you've transferred from Co-Op to HSBC then it's also possible it has gotten flagged by security. Could be worth following up with Co-op if it doesn't arrive at HSBC.
  • Zekko
    Zekko Posts: 254
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Open a Chip savings account which allows deposits by debit card. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.