PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Need some inspiration!

Options

Comments

• savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm quite partial to raw carrots and while the weather is warm raw celery.

Can't say that I'd like it for every meal though.

Perhaps you could liven up by blitzing in the food processor and adding a few fingers of Stolichnaya.

If you're really stuck for ideas, you could try fasting.:rolleyes:
    LMAO you're soooo helpful Cloughie! :rolleyes: Although I did manage to get a 70cl of vodka into a watermelon.................went down a storm with everyone at the BBQ!! icon11.gificon12.gif
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • savvy
    Options
    This is about to become an issue for us as DS is going to go through the elimination diet process. Being 9, he's going to have 6 weeks free of a few foods, one at a time for 6 wks at a time.
    I'm waiting for an appt with a dietician/nutritionalist, because I want help with each elimination as to what I can feed him breakfast lunch tea supper and snacks, for 6 wks at a time. Otherwise, we'd end up on carrots and water!!

Good luck, Savvy, and I'll be looking back in on this thread soon!
    Corrr good luck mums, that'll be even tougher!! Give us a shout when you embark on it with him.

I've just made blue-kat's porridge with rice milk (after I milked the rice Murtle!!icon14.gif), and it's really nice, although I have to confess to putting a bit of brown sugar on the top too icon11.gif
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    please don't hate me.....but....you knew there was a but coming.......

Isn't Vodka made from potatoes or wheat????!!!

Used to be more one now is more the other????!!!

I daren't google it just incase :o but I remember studying it at Uni, and I'm trying to forget it honest Savvy :(
  • savvy
    Options
    Ohhhhh Murtle you toad!!!! ;) I thought it was to do with potatoes:confused:.....................BUT the key thing is, it tested negative!! :j
  • henhog
    henhog Posts: 2,786 Forumite
    Options
    You used to be able to get a book updated yearly from the Government publishers called The Manuel of Nutrition - it has every food listed in it and exactly what it comprises of and how much of everything. This would be really useful for meal planning and / or as a refernce book. It sounds very difficult to follow your diet, so good luck. One word of warning - the only time I had vodka in a watermelon was at a murder mystery party. I gor drunk on that alone - it was pokey - and revealed I was the murderer half way through the game. Needless to say, we left soon after! :p
  • savvy
    Options
    Hi henhog thanks for that, I've looked on the governmet website under their publications, but couldn't find that book.

As for you giving the plot away..................wicked, that's the funniest thing ever!!! icon12.gificon10.gif
  • henhog
    Options
    Just looked at how I spelt manual - typo honestly, not on the vodka watermelon again!
    Will investigate and see if the book is still available.
  • savvy
    Options
    Cheers henhog!! I looked through 10 pages of government publications though!icon9.gif

Blue-kat - thanks for recomending the Stamp Collection, just had some toasted tonight and it's the nearest thing to bread that I've had all week!! It was really nice with the soup I had!! icon14.gif
  • henhog
    Options
    Obviously not readily available anylonger - I used it in the eighties! I did find something though - MAFF manual of nutrition HSMO 1995, from the Food Standards Agency, ISBN 0112428649. I wonder if its because our food is so crap now adays that the gov don't want to let us know what's in it! I am sure there are other books that do much the same thing, however. Sorry if I wasted your time looking for something that doesn't exist. :confused:
    What about the cookbook from the You Are What You Eat TV prog? This sounds similar to your diet.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I googled on the ISBN as you have it written and got a different book. :eek: I think the various dashes and spaces need to be included for it to work. :)

Then I tried the title and it should be MAFF manual of nutrition HMSO 1995 - not that this was any real help 'cos I only got one hit to a reading list. Hm... :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport