We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Credit card charged THREE times - £4000
benjdr
Posts: 219 Forumite
I don't know what to say right now.
I have just spoken to Barclaycard and they have confirmed that a very well known retailer has changed me three times for a £1330 order that I have placed. I am outraged.
The chap at Barclaycard say they can do nothing until the retailer actually take the money (as it is currently earmarked), at which point I need to dispute it.
This seems to have all come down to the fact that the card initially got rejected, because of Barclaycard's ruddy security checks. After a swift phone call to them, the order was then able to be put through successfully by the retailer, but they seem to have royally botched this one up and have since charged the amount three times to the card.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm feeling livid right now am am going to try and sleep it off!
Cheers!
I have just spoken to Barclaycard and they have confirmed that a very well known retailer has changed me three times for a £1330 order that I have placed. I am outraged.
The chap at Barclaycard say they can do nothing until the retailer actually take the money (as it is currently earmarked), at which point I need to dispute it.
This seems to have all come down to the fact that the card initially got rejected, because of Barclaycard's ruddy security checks. After a swift phone call to them, the order was then able to be put through successfully by the retailer, but they seem to have royally botched this one up and have since charged the amount three times to the card.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm feeling livid right now am am going to try and sleep it off!
Cheers!
0
Comments
-
thats rubbish - speak to the manager and speak to the retailer manager as well to resolve the issue immediately0
-
-
that they have to let the retailer take the money first - especially so when its £12000.00
like i say kick up a fuss with the manager if need be
Sorry, the topic title was a bit misleading. It's actually £1330 three times, so £4000. Still a lot of money so I'm defiantly kicking up a fuss.0 -
Is it a cashback card? You might even make some points/cashback on these charges!!
0 -
Come on tell us the retailer - name them and shame them!:money:0
-
setmefree2 wrote: »Come on tell us the retailer - name them and shame them!:money:
Well all right then.
Comet.0 -
No problem - pay it once and put a letter in with it saying that the other two charges are in error.
It's not your money it's theirs !0 -
The chap at Barclaycard say they can do nothing until the retailer actually take the money (as it is currently earmarked), at which point I need to dispute it.
Has it actually been charged to your account yet? If not perhaps they will only actually take the one paymentfinally debt free and want to keep it that way!!0 -
Kick up a huge fuss. They can cancel the order and should be able to at least try and stop it coming out. If it doesnt, then it will all go back in a few days.
Will this go over your limit?Green and White Barmy Army!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards