We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PUFFL O2
Comments
-
Here's an earlier thread about O2 PUFFL (PUFFL = Pay Up Front For Life, which I didn't know before)
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6589475/02-pay-upfront-for-life-puffl-contract
The last but one post on there has someone saying:O2 confirmed "... that your "Pay Upfront for Life" contract is still active. The annual increase does not affect your account. If you review your next bill, you will see that your monthly price remains unchanged at £0".
That was on 8 April, I don't know if they have had their next bill yet.
0 -
Was a post by @sdp74, I've added their tag which they might see, if they monitor their notifications, and answer.Detail_Merchant said:Here's an earlier thread about O2 PUFFL (PUFFL = Pay Up Front For Life, which I didn't know before)
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6589475/02-pay-upfront-for-life-puffl-contract
The last but one post on there has someone saying:O2 confirmed "... that your "Pay Upfront for Life" contract is still active. The annual increase does not affect your account. If you review your next bill, you will see that your monthly price remains unchanged at £0".
That was on 8 April, I don't know if they have had their next bill yet.1 -
The latest statement, issued yesterday, confirms that the price has not increased, despite O2 sending out a misleading email. It seems that the original terms of the PUFL contract continue to apply.2
-
Many thanks for the update. As i was having trouble getting through o2 customer service thus didn't reply. Thanks once again for your post, hoping to sleep better, with this update news.0
-
Ah the joys of such a far sighted purchase in 2003..
Hello. We're getting in touch to let you know that you're currently out of your minimum contract term. As part of our Auto-Save programme, your monthly plan will automatically go down from £0.00 to £0.00*, this excludes any current discounts you may have. To benefit from this initiative you need to ensure you have Direct Debit set-up.
You can choose to stay on this new tariff, move to another tariff or switch to another provider. For more information and some tariffs to consider: http://v.o2.co.uk/...2 -
Interesting and a bit odd, as previously we've only had the annual notice around springtime about increase, and then maybe phoned up to confirm actually no change
As for far-sighted, for me it was luck.
Although several people bought it with a phone from Argos, mine was just the SIM card, from advert in Exchange&Mart
0 -
I have not heard anything from them since the first year it was a percentage increase. I phoned them then and had a bit of a battle getting them to understand what I had purchased. Last year it did have the message on my account saying it would be applied but it was not. Mine was just the sim card I think, cannot really remember. Paid £99
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

