We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Vodafone mandatory add on Secure Net

Hi, I just realised my SIM only contract ran out a long while back and I am on a very poor value plan. I chose an upgrade plan but notice that every plan includes something called Secure Net which comes as a three month trial which you then have to cancel or it carries on for a monthly fee. There is no option to proceed without this. Is it correct that they can force you to accept this albeit free offer if you don't want it ? Obviously the idea is that you ignore the three month warning email and continue paying for the service unwittingly.

Comments

  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,178
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    From memory, they've done this for years, whether it's fair or not is a different matter but it made me move our contracts to Talkmobile & Lebara (both use Vodafone network)
  • As above.  But you can cancel it straight away (I always do) - no need to wait 3 months. 
  • Have you taken the new contract yet? Have you factored in the April price rise? Is it worth continuing on your existing poor plan for a couple of months until a new deal no longer includes a price rise?

    Have you seen the Vodafone upgrade deals at mobiles.co.uk ? Best prices are available if you claim cashback.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,656
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I think it is irritating and happened to me when I was with Vodafone. It was, however, trivial to cancel and I also did it straight away.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.