We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Gladstones Solicitors Letter before Claim

Hi,

Horizon Parking have tried this on me before but it went away, this time I've had a solicitors letter.

Horizon are claiming I strayed 7 hours in 2 hour stay car park at the local Tesco.  The fact is I went there twice that day.  Their letter showed 2 pictures, me arriving in daylight and leaving in the dark, it appears the middle two pictures have vanished.

I have a  bank statement and transaction details  showing two transactions at Tesco on the day, not time stamped unfortunately.

How do I respond to Gladtones?  The original bill has risen from £70 to £150 and its county court next.

I'm getting the 'ick' having to log into their website with more of my data but do I send them the bank statement screen grabs?

Thanks in advance



   

«1

Comments

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,117 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    None of the above 

    Study the newbies sticky thread in announcements near the top of the forum,  read the second post there 

    Email a response to the Letter of Claim to Gladstones 

    Your case seems to be a double dipping case,  look it up
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,671 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    You can use their portal. They already have your data.

    To stop a claim tell them this was a 'double dip' and Horizon failed to 'locate the orphan images' in between the two visits, which is a breach of BPA operator rules and Code.

    Then phone up Tesco Dundee Head Office and refuse to get off the phone until Tesco apologise for their rogue and aggressive ANPR agent and promise to cancel the PCN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fids
    Fids Posts: 14 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    thank you.

    Its really appreciated
  • Fids
    Fids Posts: 14 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Update.

    I emailed them and told them why i was contesting, I went there twice that day, I even found the 2 transactions on my bank statement.  I received a reply saying a bank statement is not evidence the car wasn't parked on site and I am to follow the steps on the claim form upon receipt of the same.  This was 27 Feb 25. 

    I emailed twice in March asking when this claim form was going to be sent, on the 7th and 13th. Still no claim form, however on Fri 28 Mar I got an email stating they have not received any response from me so in 7 days they  will issue court proceedings.

    So, I guess I will have to try and send them a message, again via their website and send rely #3 to Olivia Bryan as king for a claim form, again, they are starting to really bug me.








    :


  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,671 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 30 March 2025 at 10:19PM
    How did Tesco Dundee respond to you? That Tesco Head Office call was important (refusing to get off the phone and asking to speak to their Legal Dept, if they refuse to step in, given they are accountable).

    I thought they'd have cancelled it as it was a data breach (false charge).

    You could also send a SAR to the parking firm for ALL images of the vehicle during that period. That can stop them!

     I received a reply saying a bank statement is not evidence the car wasn't parked on site and I am to follow the steps on the claim form upon receipt of the same.  This was 27 Feb 25. 

    Please show us this letter. Urgent please: I want to show the Government that you told them this was a double dip and (instead of reverting to Horizon to check the images) Gs told you your evidence wasn't good enough and that they'll sue anyway.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fids
    Fids Posts: 14 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I didn't ring Dundee, sorry.

    It was an email that said I had no evidence, I did get a letter today though, giving me 14 days to pay.

    It does say on the letter they don't accept credit cards, red flag if ever I saw one.

    I'm happy to forward you the email ifI can get your addres please

    thank you


  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,671 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Nope - it would have to be here. I'm gathering evidence here on the forum.  Cover names and full email addresses and the ref/PCN number.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fids
    Fids Posts: 14 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 3 April 2025 at 10:36AM
    Fw: (Removed by Forum Team) / Horizon Parking Limited -v- (Removed by Forum Team)
    (Removed by Forum Team)
    To:​enquiries@gladstonessolicitors.co.uk​
    Sun 30/03/2025 17:34
    Hello,

    You sent me an email on Friday 28 March 2025 informing me as I had not paid and had not made  a response, I have, see below you will issue court proceedings.

    The email trial below clearly makes a nonsense of your accusation of not responding.

    I will not be paying a fine for something I didn't do.  

    Thank you


    (Removed by Forum Team)

    From: (Removed by Forum Team)
    Sent: 30 March 2025 17:28
    To: (Removed by Forum Team)
    Subject: Re: 
    (Removed by Forum Team)
     
    (Removed by Forum Team),

    hi,

    I have received an email from Gladstones informing me I have made to response and in 7 days court proceedings will be issued.

    Why havn't you told your employers we have been in conversation?

    I'm still waiting for the claim for too, if you would please send it on it would be very much appreciated

    Thank you

    (Removed by Forum Team)

    From: (Removed by Forum Team)
    Sent: 27 February 2025 08:11
    To: (Removed by Forum Team)
    Subject: 
    (Removed by Forum Team)
     

    Dear (Removed by Forum Team),

     

    A bank statement does not evidence that the vehicle was not parked at the site.

     

    In absence of sufficient evidence we suggest you follow the steps on the Claim Form upon receipt of the same.

     

    Kind Regards,

    (Removed by Forum Team)

    Legal Assistant 
     

      

    Gladstones Solicitors Limited
    Unit B, 1st Floor
    210 Cygnet Court
    Centre Park
    Warrington
    WA1 1PP


    w  : www.gladstonessolicitors.co.uk
    t    : (Removed by Forum Team)

    e   : (Removed by Forum Team)

     

    Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority (number 559050) under the terms of the Solicitors' Code of Conduct which may be viewed at www.sra.org.uk

    The content of this email transmission and any documents attached to it are confidential and are intended for the named recipient only and may contain information that is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this email in error or are not the named recipient you are expressly forbidden from copying, storing or further distributing the contents of this transmission by any means. Disclosure of the content of this email transmission or its content may amount to contempt of court or a criminal offence. If you have received this e mail transmission in error you are requested to notify the sender and delete the email and its content forthwith.

    Gladstones Solicitors Limited do not accept service of documents by email.

    Gladstones Solicitors Limited | Registered in England and Wales (7535449)

    Director | 
    (Removed by Forum Team)  

     

    Gladstones Solicitors complies with Data Protection Legislation. A copy of our Privacy Statement and further information can be found at www.gladstonessolicitors.co.uk

    ALWAYS BE CYBER SAFE

    We will never request you to settle invoices or pay monies to a different account via telephone call or via email.

    We will never accept change to your account details via email.

    We will always inform you of any changes via post or in person.

    If you have suspicions, contact the person with responsibility of your matter.

     

     

    If you have concerns about the legitimacy of a call with this firm, please hang up and call us on (Removed by Forum Team).


    From: (Removed by Forum Team)

    Sent: 26 February 2025 19:00

    To: (Removed by Forum Team)

    Subject: Re: (Removed by Forum Team)


    (Removed by Forum Team),

    Firstly may I apologise for the delay in replying, I have been out of the country with my work and have had very limited access to the internet.

    The only evidence I have is my statement below and some screen shots of bank statements and transaction reports.

    On the day in question, 16 Oct 2023, I was sent home from work early as I became ill, I succumbed to a very heavy cold and our office policy is to send home people who could spread germs.  I made my first visit of the day to Tesco Belmont to pick up some medication on the way home, staying approximately 20-30 minutes.  I drove home, approximately 1 mile, took some medication and went to bed, where I was for the rest of the day.   In the early evening I had to return to Tesco Belmont for the second time that day to get something for evening meal and some other provisions, again staying approximately 20-30 minutes.

    Horizon haven't provided the 2 orphan photographs of me leaving in the morning and returning in the evening, whether that's because my number plate was obscured by other traffic or its a genuine mistake remains to be seen, but it is their error.

    The bank screen shots are dated the 17th but clearly show the transactions were made on the 16, when I visited Tesco Belmont twice, once in the morning, and once in the early evening.  My car was parked at my address, 1 mile away, all day.

    To summarize, I went to Tesco Belmont twice that day, my car was parked outside my home address all day.

    I believe this situation is called a double dip, its certainly what happened here.

    I trust my statement is enough to resolve this situation from escalating any further.

    Bank screen shots below.  There are three because on the second visit I made a second purchase at the kiosk.

    Many thanks

    (Removed by Forum Team)











    From: (Removed by Forum Team)
    Sent: 18 February 2025 12:01
    To: (Removed by Forum Team)
    Subject: 
    (Removed by Forum Team)
    Dear (Removed by Forum Team)

    ,

     

    We write further to your PAP reply form dated the 5th February 2025.

     

    Whilst the content is noted, you have failed to provide evidence to support the content of your correspondence. Please provide evidence your vehicle was not at the site for the duration stated on or before the 4th March 2025.

     

    Please note any reply received after the date specified above may not be considered as legal proceedings may have already been issued.  

    Kind Regards,

    (Removed by Forum Team)

    Legal Assistant 
       

     

    Gladstones Solicitors Limited
    Unit B, 1st Floor
    210 Cygnet Court
    Centre Park
    Warrington
    WA1 1PP


    (Removed by Forum Team)

     

    Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority (number 559050) under the terms of the Solicitors' Code of Conduct which may be viewed at www.sra.org.uk

    The content of this email transmission and any documents attached to it are confidential and are intended for the named recipient only and may contain information that is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this email in error or are not the named recipient you are expressly forbidden from copying, storing or further distributing the contents of this transmission by any means. Disclosure of the content of this email transmission or its content may amount to contempt of court or a criminal offence. If you have received this e mail transmission in error you are requested to notify the sender and delete the email and its content forthwith.

    Gladstones Solicitors Limited do not accept service of documents by email.

    Gladstones Solicitors Limited | Registered in England and Wales (7535449)

    Director | 
    (Removed by Forum Team) 

      

    Gladstones Solicitors complies with Data Protection Legislation. A copy of our Privacy Statement and further information can be found at www.gladstonessolicitors.co.uk

    ALWAYS BE CYBER SAFE

    We will never request you to settle invoices or pay monies to a different account via telephone call or via email.

    We will never accept change to your account details via email.

    We will always inform you of any changes via post or in person.

    If you have suspicions, contact the person with responsibility of your matter.

      

      

    If you have concerns about the legitimacy of a call with this firm, please hang up and call us on 01565 755088.

    Disclaimer

    The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

    This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast, a leader in email security and cyber resilience. Mimecast integrates email defenses with brand protection, security awareness training, web security, compliance and other essential capabilities. Mimecast helps protect large and small organizations from malicious activity, human error and technology failure; and to lead the movement toward building a more resilient world. To find out more, visit our website.



    Disclaimer

    The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

    This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast, a leader in email security and cyber resilience. Mimecast integrates email defenses with brand protection, security awareness training, web security, compliance and other essential capabilities. Mimecast helps protect large and small organizations from malicious activity, human error and technology failure; and to lead the movement toward building a more resilient world. To find out more, visit our website.

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,671 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Fids said:

    Horizon are claiming I strayed 7 hours in 2 hour stay car park at the local Tesco.  The fact is I went there twice that day.  Their letter showed 2 pictures, me arriving in daylight and leaving in the dark, it appears the middle two pictures have vanished.

    I have a  bank statement and transaction details  showing two transactions at Tesco on the day


     I received a reply saying a bank statement is not evidence the car wasn't parked on site and I am to follow the steps on the claim form upon receipt of the same.  This was 27 Feb 25.

    Fw: Horizon Parking Limited -v- 
    To:​enquiries@gladstonessolicitors.co.uk​
    Sun 30/03/2025 17:34

    Hello,

    You sent me an email on Friday 28 March 2025 informing me as I had not paid and had not made  a response, I have, see below you will issue court proceedings.

    The email trial below clearly makes a nonsense of your accusation of not responding.

    I will not be paying a fine for something I didn't do.  

    Thank you


    (Removed by Forum Team)

    From: (Removed by Forum Team)
    Sent: 30 March 2025 17:28


    hi,

    I have received an email from Gladstones informing me I have made to response and in 7 days court proceedings will be issued.

    Why havn't you told your employers we have been in conversation?

    I'm still waiting for the claim for too, if you would please send it on it would be very much appreciated

    Thank you

    (Removed by Forum Team)

    From: (Removed by Forum Team)
    Sent: 27 February 2025 08:11

    Dear (Removed by Forum Team),

     

    A bank statement does not evidence that the vehicle was not parked at the site.

     

    In absence of sufficient evidence we suggest you follow the steps on the Claim Form upon receipt of the same.

     

    Kind Regards,

    Legal Assistant 

    Gladstones Solicitors Limited
    Unit B, 1st Floor
    210 Cygnet Court
    Centre Park
    Warrington
    WA1 1PP

    w  : www.gladstonessolicitors.co.uk
    Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority (number 559050) under the terms of the Solicitors' Code of Conduct 



    From: (Removed by Forum Team)

    Sent: 26 February 2025 19:00


    Firstly may I apologise for the delay in replying, I have been out of the country with my work and have had very limited access to the internet.

    The only evidence I have is my statement below and some screen shots of bank statements and transaction reports.

    On the day in question, 16 Oct 2023, I was sent home from work early as I became ill, I succumbed to a very heavy cold and our office policy is to send home people who could spread germs.  I made my first visit of the day to Tesco Belmont to pick up some medication on the way home, staying approximately 20-30 minutes.  I drove home, approximately 1 mile, took some medication and went to bed, where I was for the rest of the day.   In the early evening I had to return to Tesco Belmont for the second time that day to get something for evening meal and some other provisions, again staying approximately 20-30 minutes.

    Horizon haven't provided the 2 orphan photographs of me leaving in the morning and returning in the evening, whether that's because my number plate was obscured by other traffic or its a genuine mistake remains to be seen, but it is their error.

    The bank screen shots are dated the 17th but clearly show the transactions were made on the 16, when I visited Tesco Belmont twice, once in the morning, and once in the early evening.  My car was parked at my address, 1 mile away, all day.

    To summarize, I went to Tesco Belmont twice that day, my car was parked outside my home address all day.

    I believe this situation is called a double dip, its certainly what happened here.

    I trust my statement is enough to resolve this situation from escalating any further.

    Bank screen shots below.  There are three because on the second visit I made a second purchase at the kiosk.

    Many thanks




    From: (Removed by Forum Team)
    Sent: 18 February 2025 12:01

    We write further to your PAP reply form dated the 5th February 2025.

    Whilst the content is noted, you have failed to provide evidence to support the content of your correspondence. Please provide evidence your vehicle was not at the site for the duration stated on or before the 4th March 2025.

    Please note any reply received after the date specified above may not be considered as legal proceedings may have already been issued.  

    Kind Regards,

    Legal Assistant 

    Gladstones Solicitors Limited
    Unit B, 1st Floor
    210 Cygnet Court
    Centre Park
    Warrington
    WA1 1PP

    Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority (number 559050) under the terms of the Solicitors' Code of Conduct 


    So, you told Gladstones this was a 'double dip' and (instead of reverting to Horizon to check the images) Gladstones expected you to prove it, told you your evidence wasn't good enough and that they'll sue anyway.

    This must be stopped by the Government.  Double dips as well as DRAs saying "tough, we'll sue anyway".
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fids
    Fids Posts: 14 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'm waiting for a court date

    How do I find out if I have been ;taken ti court' but havn't been inforned?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.