We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the
Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Hi @cathybird unfortunately I have started the month the wrong way with some expensive game play, I am going to draw a line under it and move in I won't tell you how much I spent, but it has pretty much reversed most good behaviour only a miracle can undo the damage I have done. I spent £335.95 gosh I have said it now! the previous 12 months I hadn't played and I really enjoy it, so I consider this my annual spend, I will wind down the game again over the coming weeks and not play again until next year. I have attached below the two critters as my reward for game play the panda is the reward from last year this year is the bird, they move and breathe and interact - I know I am mad!! Anyhow like I said I did feel guilty buying them, but I will make a promise to myself to only do it once a year.
Not one for me today - needed a new iron, so took the opportunity to get another fitted sheet and two birthday gifts at the same time. Hopefully that's the last of the spends for a few days...
NSD here today, so lurgified I didn’t go anywhere or do anything much.
KK
As at 26.09.26: - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560 - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date c. 17 months reduction in term Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 69 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 26th September. Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions.
@[Deleted User] I think video games are designed to pull you in so think your plan of staying away from it while you are trying to save money is a good one xx
As at 26.09.26: - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560 - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date c. 17 months reduction in term Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 69 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 26th September. Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions.
Hello and here’s to a happy Sunday. definitely an NSD today as staying in, cooking roast dinner, doing work I’ve been putting off and the best bit, having a snuggle and a favourite TV programme.