We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Something broken? Let us know on the new Report a Technical Issue board. Please use Site Feedback and Forum Help for other feedback.

Feature request - unsubscribe from thread

As there's work going on for 2025 - I have a feature request - I might be dull if I can't see it - but would love to be able to unsubscribe from threads where I've posted in the dim and distant past, but it's not a topic I'm interested in anymore - an example being the Sky TV retentions deals where I posted my experience but have long since left Sky. It keeps popping up in my notifications and would prefer to be able to select which threads I do/don't get notifications for.

Comments

  • MSE_Stephen
    MSE_Stephen Posts: 1,328
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Community Admin
    Hi @cymruchris

    This is a highly requested feature made to our forum provider.

    I've just checked the status - It's currently listed by them as "Planned" but with no timeline as to when it might be available.
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Flag a news story:
    news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 4,203
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 18 December 2024 at 11:52AM
    it is a pain ( and now I've replied that it's pain - I'll get notifications every time someone agrees with me even though it's not helpful )

    Most message boards have the feature I don't understand the issue.
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 8,280
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Isn't a subscribed thread the same as a bookmarked thread?  You can unbookmark it my licking the flag in Bookmarked threads link
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 4,203
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Isn't a subscribed thread the same as a bookmarked thread?  You can unbookmark it my licking the flag in Bookmarked threads link
    No they are different - you can bookmark a thread and un-bookmark it - but subscribed threads are where you have made a contribution - for example if you look at this thread you will see at the top the bookmark in un-checked ( unless you have bookmarked it ).
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,577
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    DE_612183 said:
    it is a pain ( and now I've replied that it's pain - I'll get notifications every time someone agrees with me even though it's not helpful )

    Most message boards have the feature I don't understand the issue.

    As it's Christmas - have a little notification from me :)

    Good to see that it's 'planned', and that it's much requested - but at the next meeting maybe someone can ask for a timeline on it :)
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,838
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Community Admin
    The workaround is to turn off notifications for threads you've participated in, and simply bookmark the ones you do wish to continue to keep track off, making sure notifications for bookmarked threads are turned on.

    Not ideal, but hopefully that suggestion may help someone. 


    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 4,203
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    DE_612183 said:
    it is a pain ( and now I've replied that it's pain - I'll get notifications every time someone agrees with me even though it's not helpful )

    Most message boards have the feature I don't understand the issue.

    As it's Christmas - have a little notification from me :)

    Good to see that it's 'planned', and that it's much requested - but at the next meeting maybe someone can ask for a timeline on it :)
    Thanks - have one back!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.