02 Genie Simcards Settings

Options
ahll
ahll Posts: 1,506 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
HI,
I have an 02 Genie Simcard in my mobi. I believe you can either pick to have all free texts or all free call or a mixture.

Can anyone tell me how to check what mine is set too,as I want to make sure I am just getting the 300 free texts a month.
"The time is always right to do what is right"

Comments

• m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    Options
    send yourself a text, then check your balance, if 10p is missing then you on free calls
  • lifeisachallenge
    Options
    how do i change mine to a free minutes thing?

Kind Regards
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • reddwarf2002
    reddwarf2002 Posts: 575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    send the keyword "ONCALLSMSG" to 21300 for the 100mins and/or 100txt

I'm not sure whether the advice from mOOnie is entirely correct as it will not deduct credit from balance because if you have the 300 txt option then it will deduct 1 txt and if you have the 100min and/or 100txt it will deduct 1 unit (i.e. 99mins or 99txt)
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    Options
    i was on vodafone on a gx10 and i wanted to put in a o2 card i did this and contacted the o2 site by email asking them to help me change my settings.. they sent all i needed to know to my email address, it also helped as i hadnt aclue how to sent pic messages lol

https://www.o2.co.uk you might have to register with them and then click on contact us and leave a message they get back to you quickly
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes 10p is meeing everytime I text..still not clear how to change it to get free texts

** Just found out if u ring 2425 on your O2 mobile you can change the selction once every 30 days but it doesnt come into effect until your anniversary date !
    "The time is always right to do what is right"
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    ahll wrote:
    ...Just found out if u ring 2425 on your O2 mobile you can change the selction once every 30 days but it doesnt come into effect until your anniversary date...
    It does actually say this but when I changed over (and a friend of mine) it happend the following day but yet other people have had to wait until their anniversary date.

If you want the upto 100mins and/or 100texts then as mentioned by reddwarf2002, just text "ONCALLSMSG" (without speech marks) to 21300.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure