We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Unexpected £520 compensation now confirmed by BA - thank you Martin!

My business trip to Orlando on 19th August 2024 was cancelled the night before.  As the next available flight was a day later I cancelled and booked with another airline (Norse - who were actually much cheaper and better!).  As I got a full refund from BA and didn't take the flight I didn't think any compensation was due until I saw Martin's weekly email on September 17th indicating that I could still claim.  I tried the Resolver route but then saw there was a direct option via the BA website.  I submitted the claim which required minimal information, just my booking details, and received an email the following day stating my claim had been approved and I would receive the full £520 compensation.  Money is tight right now so I'm hugely grateful to Martin and all the MSE team for the great work they do in helping consumers.

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.