MPVs: Scenic, Meriva or X.picasso? C.Max?

Options
13»

Comments

• peachespeaches
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I still really fancy the Scenic, but might get a Zafira so I can ferry the oldies about too.

I dont know if to try for a trade in with my elderly volvo 440 (P reg). The bodywork is a bit rough but its a good little runner. I cant see anyone being interested in it though.
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Volvo has no real value, ESPECIALLY to the dealer, you choose.

In fact, it's more hassle for him to have the bother of getting rid of it, as well as taking up space in his premises & not looking quite in keeping with his sales stock!

Whatever he offers you, will be equal to the discount you'd get for a straight £$£$ or finance deal.

If they offer £500 or a 'silly' inflated figure, then his sales vehicles are overpriced - WALK AWAY - or haggle HARD!

If you have free ads in local paper, put ithere. Or just a sticker in the side window. Or E bay, no reserve.

Whichever you do, please don't pay for adverts, it'll be £$£$ wasted!!

Have fun in the test drives tomorrow.

& before you do these drives, check any paperwork the garage ask you to sign, in relation to THEIR insurance - sometimes they have a £500 or higher excess. So if you did have a mishap, while on the run, you'd end up paying - dearly! Ask for the amount to be £ZERO, or find another garage!

VB
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am on my second Zafira and can't recommend it highly enough... my grandkids love travelling in the extra seats in the boot... they are so reliable and easy on the petrol... I have a manual and find it so easy to drive with the slightly higher driving position (I have had a THR and am waiting for the other hip to be done too) its so much more comfortable than anything else I have driven... good luck in your search
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure