We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

TEMU ??????

13»

Comments

  • castle96 said:
    dont fit, dont work, dont bother!
    Not my experience - as long as you're careful with what you order, by and large it's fine. 
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 8,333 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I bought 2 pairs of lightweight cotton trousers.  They are quite good and perfect for summer.  The only issue is they had a decorative button feature and 2 of the buttons broke.  Good for the money.

    I bought a cardigan which looked fun as it had cats printed on it 😹.  It was poor quality and the sizing was completely wrong, too small.  I gave it to a Cats Protection charity shop and it was snapped up immediately (I know someone who works there).  I take the view that it’s swings and roundabouts, when I took the cat cardigan in they had a really lovely Christmas jumper which I bought for £6 😺
  • danandgeorgie
    danandgeorgie Posts: 66 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    At the Temu on my 2nd ever order say i have £160 credit and explain in detail how to use it. Within 24hours - first order 3 items and the cheapest is free; second order (same 24 hours) is free up to £40. third is 80% off until the whole amount is used. Clearly this is a gimmick but in true MSE way can this gimmick be exploited? Is it even real? I have ordered several low cost items ( they are quite good for cheap fishing accessories). I got a couple of freebies thrown in but clearly this is a hardsell technique. Question is is it exploitable!

    In the red at LBM £25,703 on 20/01/10
    Debt as at 20/07/10 £25012
    Target debt free date 05/01/14Crazy Clothes Challenger 139 = 8/100
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,531 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 31 May at 1:22PM

    I've mentioned on another thread that I sell on Temu. I can occasionally see that someone has paid less than I'm selling for. I get the right amount of money back but Temu discount to the buyer. They have acres of cash for promotions so there is plenty of opportunity to get good deals. The £80/£160 credit is a lot of hot air and endless pop ups but can amount to a decent discount. Another thing to try, if you're already buying something then put it in your basket and wait for an offer to inevitably turn up.

    .
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.