We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Something broken? Let us know on the new Report a Technical Issue board. Please use Site Feedback and Forum Help for other feedback.

"Mark All Read." - Not working

Hello. As the title states, the 'mark all read' button does appear not to be working. Any ideas., please? 
I've clicked on it many times since this morning but no joy.

Comments

  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,838
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Community Admin
    What type of device and which browser are you using to view the forum?
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,577
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It hasn't worked quite like how it should for a while. The way that 'works' for me - click on mark all as read as usual - then refresh the page (F5/little circular arrow in browser bar) - then it updates. Otherwise it just sits there telling you there's notifications when there aren't.
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,838
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Community Admin
    @UnsureAboutthis  - just to be totally clear, you're referring to the button at the bottom of the Notifications menu?

    If so I can reproduce the problem. 
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Yes, thanks, the button/message at the bottom The odd thing is it worked this time but has not worked all of this morning or the days before

    I've got a Chromebook for surfing the net and I guess the browser is Chrome but I'm not sure how to tell. Thank you to both of you.
  • It's not working again.
  • BootsMullery
    BootsMullery Posts: 3,453
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yes, thanks, the button/message at the bottom The odd thing is it worked this time but has not worked all of this morning or the days before

    I've got a Chromebook for surfing the net and I guess the browser is Chrome but I'm not sure how to tell. Thank you to both of you.
    I use a Chromebook with Chrome browser and do not have this problem.
    Bob
  • It seems to be working today. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.