Orange Openworld question

Options
wealthsaver
wealthsaver Posts: 167 Forumite
I recently wanted to try Orange PayG extra service Openworld (Their WAP service) Any one else have problems? My phone = Siemens A55 on Orange PAYG.
I signed up online and was duly charged £4 for a month usage (upto 4Mb).
However, I could not get the phone to connect. All I got was an error message - network not responding. I have been able to make and receive calls fine and can send receive sms text ok too.

Took my phone into an orange shop and spoke to an Orange Trainer.
They checked and could not get it to work either. They called Orange helpdesk from the shop but still could not get it working despite checking settings and applying several sim updates that were sent via sms. The shop assistant was then asked to try connecting using my sim in one of their demo 2G phones. Worked straight away!

Upshot is that Orange helpdesk recommended sending my phone for repair -undisclosed cost or upgrading to a new one since it is over a year since I purchased the phone. Both options seem to have a potentially large cost for a feature that would be nice to try!

Fortunately I managed to persuade the helpdesk rep to refund by Openworld WAP charge of £4 when I started talking about sale of goods and services legislation.
Wealthsaving - a way of life?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport