I cannot decide v635 or 6230i

Options
mjenn5
mjenn5 Posts: 556 Forumite
I am looking at the Motorola v635 and Nokia 6230i and cannot decide.

I know the 6230i has larger memory etc but quite like the look of the v635.

I would like to hear from people that may have an opinion on these phones.

Here is a link for comparison

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1087&idPhone1=991

Another thought these are both on BT Mobile and I am not sure if then will come unlocked or what would be involved in the unlocking
Its better to be late in this life than early in the next one.

Slow down speed kills.

Comments

• rogerramjet
    rogerramjet Posts: 1,388 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd go for the Nokia, but then I prefer them more than motorola so totally biased :)

Both have a has a seperate memory card which means if you wanted to you could get bigger ones and you could then use them as MP3 players as well, however, I'd assume the MMC/SD cards would be a lot cheaper than T-flash.

There is a high possibility that both phones would come locked to network, I know the last phone I had from BT was!, the Nokia would be the easiest to unlock and the cheapest to do.

I'd say your best bet is to go to a store where you can actually see and hold both then make your choice
    Welcome, rogerramjet.
    You last visited: 01-01-1970 at 01:00 AM
  • roryis
    roryis Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    6230i, moto are phones have a poor menu system and the txting on them is cr@p
  • bigup
    bigup Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Id go for a samsung :D even though its not on ur options!
  • mjenn5
    mjenn5 Posts: 556 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies.

I thought about the Samsung e720 but its camera is not quite the same. It was also not a free option. It doesn't have a memory card slot although it does have a 90mb internal memory.

I agree that the 6230i does seam the better option in some ways but I really want this phone to take the place of a mp3 player for when I am exercising so the smaller flip phones would seam better for that.

My daughter has a motorola v220 and it does seam to be fairly easy to use with good sound.

So still thinking and BT are calling me back on Monday.
    Its better to be late in this life than early in the next one.

Slow down speed kills.
  • rogerramjet
    rogerramjet Posts: 1,388 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just done a quick search on T-Flash memory, not much around atm and looks like the biggest atm is 256mb @ £31.99 whereas a 512mb sd/mmc card can be picked up for £26.18 from ebuyer. There is a high probability that larger mmc cards (1gb) would work in the Nlkia as well.

But just on the memory card price and the fact you want to use it as an MP3 player I'd suggest the Nokia

Also check the dimensions of both, the nokia is longer but actually thinner and lighter than the motorola.
    Welcome, rogerramjet.
    You last visited: 01-01-1970 at 01:00 AM
  • dee2005
    dee2005 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I'd go for nokia as I think their phones are more reliable. I have found nokia phones to have less problems than mototola.
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport