Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Used Christmas Cards

Options
mary43
mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
Couldn't find anything on here about this so thought I'd add.

OH just told me that if used Christmas Cards are taken to Tescos they get sent on to the Woodland Trust.
I'm sure there are other charities that take them but I'd not heard of this before:xmastree:
Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
(Good Enough Member No.48)

Comments

• Sazere
    Sazere Posts: 789 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.woodland-trust.org.uk/cards/

You can also take them to WHSmiths, M&S, TK Maxx and some Tesco express stores from 2-31 January. See link above for more details.
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I keep the birthday, anniversary, easter, etc cards throughout the year so I can recycle all of them in January. Every little helps!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • princesslizzie
    Options
    You can take 20 xmas cards to Joy and get a £5 voucher in return. Saw it in Norwich today. Not sure if this applies to the whole of the UK but check it out anyways, website is http://www.joythestore.com/website/home.php
  • firespire
    Options
    Sainsbury's are advertising taking them in January and I think some money goes to the Forest Stewardship Council in this case.
    Boots usually takes them also don't they - not sure who benefits there.
  • Taffoire
    Taffoire Posts: 291 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sazere wrote: »
    http://www.woodland-trust.org.uk/cards/

You can also take them to WHSmiths, M&S, TK Maxx and some Tesco express stores from 2-31 January. See link above for more details.

thanks very much for this, I totally forgot that they accepted the used cards - can't wait to take ours down!

Lou xx
    You can take 20 xmas cards to Joy and get a £5 voucher in return. Saw it in Norwich today. Not sure if this applies to the whole of the UK but check it out anyways, website is http://www.joythestore.com/website/home.php
    Oh, thanks :) I'll investigate.
  • princesslizzie
    Options
    NickiM wrote: »
    Oh, thanks :) I'll investigate.

No worries. I know this is not very "charity" esque though. Got my voucher today. Seems it is only applicable to menswear & womenswear. Was quite disappointed as I like their books! And from the voucher, it seems it is definately nationwide.
  • wishiwasarichgirl
    Options
    my mum keeps all the nicest ones and sets them up again every christmas! she says its cos she likes the pictures on them, I say it's so she looks like she has more friends :p :rotfl:
    Wiggly:heartpulsFB

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We cut out the pictures of the nicest ones (using a craft knife and mat) and use them as tags for the next year.

I guess you could donate the money you would have spent on tags to charity.
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    I re-use all mine where I can for christmas cards and gift tags next year but theres always some that I can't either because the picture isn't right or something.
    Before you take them to Tescos or wherever, make sure you've made a note of any change of addresses. I had two this year with either a bit of news about the senders family or they'd moved. I always like to note these things down before I get rid.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport