We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Zopa Bonus Interest

Options
Just checked my Zopa cash ISA. The usual monthly interest was paid yesterday, but there is also a few pence added as "Bonus Interest".What's that about? Never had it before.

Comments

• refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    The interest for Zopa's Smart ISA 'access' pot now contains a bonus element (currently 0.5%) - is it not that ?
  • NameWithheld
    NameWithheld Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't think so. The amount is far too small for it to be that. Also I didn't get it in April
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Zopa are known for small interest discrepancy issues due to the way they calculate it and pay it - it's common for the total interest stated in their annual interest summaries to differ from the interest you actually receive by a few pence (the difference on my latest summary was 3p I think) - is it a matter of a few pence ?
  • NameWithheld
    NameWithheld Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    17 pence .
  • Growingold
    Growingold Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Just checked my Zopa cash ISA. The usual monthly interest was paid yesterday, but there is also a few pence added as "Bonus Interest".What's that about? Never had it before.
    Logging in to ZOPA there is a message saying they're changing how they show bonus interest.  they will now be showing the interest earned as 'interest' and 'bonus interest'.  They say this is to make it easier to see how much you're earning from the bonus rate on your account.
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine was last paid 18th May. No bonus interest.
    Is the reason that the bonus amount (for those who see it) is smaller than expected for a month
    that it only was applied from a certain recent date so only covers a few days ?
  • slinger2
    slinger2 Posts: 252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Patr100 said:
    Mine was last paid 18th May. No bonus interest.
    Is the reason that the bonus amount (for those who see it) is smaller than expected for a month
    that it only was applied from a certain recent date so only covers a few days ?
    That does seem the most likely interpretation, otherwise you'd think the bonus interest would be roughly 10% of the total interest. I suppose we'll find out in the next month or two.
  • MichaelAP
    MichaelAP Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I am still confused by the amount paid with Bonus Interest. Mine was a lot more than a few pence, it was over £2.
  • slinger2
    slinger2 Posts: 252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MichaelAP said:
    Well, I am still confused by the amount paid with Bonus Interest. Mine was a lot more than a few pence, it was over £2.
    and the non-bonus interest?
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don’t understand why I haven’t received any bonus interest, when they put up a message to say it will show this. I tried calling them yesterday, was on hold for a very long time, then the call just cut off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure