We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Virgin Atlantic Sale - South Korea

Options

We're hoping to make it to Seoul in the Autumn and just trying to get the best deals as it's going to be an expensive holiday! I've been monitoring flight prices for a few weeks and I think VA will be our best option on balance of cost and time/transfers. 
I know the usual advice with flights is to book early as they rarely go down in price only up, but I noticed VA usually have a sale at the end of August and I'm debating whether to wait. Finding it tricky as if the route is not included in the sale it's likely that the standard prices will have gone up by then so it feels like a bit of a gamble. Does anyone know if these routes are usually included or it's more likely to be your package holiday destinations? I would be very grateful for any thoughts or experiences - thank you! 

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Virgin Atlantic don't fly to Seoul. The direct flights they sell are operated by Korean Air and the indirect flights involve China Eastern so not sure any of the Seoul routes will be in the sale...maybe on the Shanghai flights..or maybe not.
  • Adder19
    Adder19 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Caz3121 said:
    Virgin Atlantic don't fly to Seoul. The direct flights they sell are operated by Korean Air and the indirect flights involve China Eastern so not sure any of the Seoul routes will be in the sale...maybe on the Shanghai flights..or maybe not.
    Oh of course! Thank you - I hadn't even put that together, the flights we've been looking at are via Shanghai on the way out which is the only leg of the journey that is VA, the others are China Eastern and the direct return is KA. That's really helpful - it looks like waiting for the sale probably isn't the best way forward.
  • Bicycleman22
    Bicycleman22 Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sign up for the Qatar newsletter. They have some great deals to Asia including Seoul on occasions. 
  • jimi_man
    jimi_man Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 24 May at 2:21PM
    Options
    Depends when in the autumn you're going. How much have you found it for so far? Google flights shows £426 return for most of November which isn't actually a bad price though it's a lengthy journey and would need to be refined a bit. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure