We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How to contact a person at virgin media.

Options
Im trying to contact a person to arrange someone to install my new virgin tv (old customer but just updated package and tv in different room so cable not long enough).
The problem is everything is automated and it keeps asking for my memorable word.....which I dont remember!
Im now stuck being unable to speak to anyone to find out what my security word is and I cant get my tv installed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Billxx
    Billxx Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 May at 4:25PM
    Options
    Post a message on the Virgin Media community forum.  It may take a while but one of the VM staff will hopefully pick up your message and provide some help.  The forum people are pretty good (as opposed to the rest of VM customer service).

https://community.virginmedia.com/

Kind Regards,

Bill
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 3,000 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You don't say what you have tried, as in calling their contact centre on 0345 454 1111 for example.
  • catz4m8z
    catz4m8z Posts: 138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Billxx said:
    Post a message on the Virgin Media community forum.  It may take a while but one of the VM staff will hopefully pick up your message and provide some help.  The forum people are pretty good (as opposed to the rest of VM customer service).

https://community.virginmedia.com/
    great, thanks.
    Hopefully they can help. 
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    catz4m8z said:
    Im trying to contact a person to arrange someone to install my new virgin tv (old customer but just updated package and tv in different room so cable not long enough).
    The problem is everything is automated and it keeps asking for my memorable word.....which I dont remember!
    Im now stuck being unable to speak to anyone to find out what my security word is and I cant get my tv installed.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    I think you can log into your account online (not the App I don't think) and 'edit' it there. You'll get a code to enter sent to your email address and can then update it. I'm not 100% sure as I've just done it myself but that may be because I'm a new customer (waiting for the BB to be fitted). I did change the password recovery word whilst there as well as I set it when creating the account and then promptly forgot it :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure