🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Overbilled for 6 months from provider, despite multiple livechats promising refund has not turned up

Options
dekaspace1
dekaspace1 Posts: 415 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Talk Home is the provider.

Last year I signed up for a £3 deal, I know there was issues at the time with people getting misbilled but I have the email saying £3 a month, not £3 for X amount of time.

Until October I was billed correct but stupid me didn't check until January at which point I contacted them and was told they would fix the error, and refund me the difference.

Sadly I broke my leg a few days later and was housebound until recently so was occupied about chasing it up, then around 5 weeks ago I contacted again and they found no record of the previous correspondence and said they would contact higher and expect a response within 48 hours.

Never occured so gave more time, I have been so exhausted mentally and physically lately I didn't chase it up until tonight when I was told by live chat again there was no record of me contacting before.

I would of cancelled this sim months ago but thought if I did that I wouldn't of got my overpayment back.

Is the next steps contacting them by letter?

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,566 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    So what exactly is the problem?  Have the hoicked the prices up to £100 a month or given it an RPI rise (which is somewhat standard I think.)

Problem with cancelling is that the T&Cs might say it's 18 months or something and if you cancel early you have to pay for the entire contract anyways.  Best to check on that.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • dekaspace1
    Options
    Well £3 for the original bill which then became £10 is not a RPI increase though I am not 100% sure if what it is myself as it seems to be a auto top up type.

Never received any text messages or emails to say there would be a price increase though I do know after I signed up people were complaining because they got told it wasn't an ongoing offer it was only temporary
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've never heard of them but after having a look at their website I can't see anything related to what happens at the end of minimum term. Not someone I'd use myself, you can try chasing them up again although sometimes you just have to bite the bullet, ask for the PAC, and run for the hills.
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    "Until October I was billed correct but stupid me didn't check until January at which point I contacted them and was told they would fix the error, and refund me the difference."

Why would they need to fix the error if you were 'billed correct' (sic)?
    What was the error?
  • dekaspace1
    Options
    "Until October I was billed correct but stupid me didn't check until January at which point I contacted them and was told they would fix the error, and refund me the difference."

Why would they need to fix the error if you were 'billed correct' (sic)?
    What was the error?

Should of been clear from the title and the opening post, I was billed correctly until October and from then onwards they overbilled me

Anyway I got a email response and they are claiming the £3 was only for 3 months as per their terms but I have the original confirmation email saying £3 per month and no mention it was only for 3 months plus they billed me £3 for around 5 months.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure