🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NextPay Max Temptation

Options
Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,838 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Honestly with Promo Savings of £90.50, Tempting Indeed.
Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can't afford your current debt
    You can't afford new debt

This is MSE not Money Wasting Expert

You are spending over £1000 to  "save" £90.50 - that is not good MSE practice

Don't do it and take another step towards your next DMP (though we all know you will anyway)
  • Dandytf
    edited 17 May at 5:41AM
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    You can't afford your current debt
    You can't afford new debt

This is MSE not Money Wasting Expert

You are spending over £1000 to  "save" £90.50 - that is not good MSE practice

Don't do it and take another step towards your next DMP (though we all know you will anyway)
    I'd say this is trolling and you bite every time.
    t.b.f. Mser's gen advise avoiding taking on more unsecured lending, coincidence Next Pay this morning are offering 5k Limit.
    This new thread was possibility of renewing bedroom items, which most recent years purchases have been post 10yrs term.

thanks Mser's this new 'purchase' is quite some time away maybe as late as 2025 before I make purchasing decision.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    edited 28 May at 4:02PM
    Options
    I this email this morning Deserved of a new thread...

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The point is?
    Life in the slow lane
  • Dandytf
    edited 28 May at 5:42PM
    Options
    The point is?
    Sensible Credit Consumers are Rewarded :)
    I wonder though as PP state this increase is since my PP account has been 'reviewed'
    Then my current Non PP sums are in effect ignored which is the sensless part to me. 
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Dandytf said:
    The point is?
    I wonder though as PP state this increase is since my PP account has been 'reviewed'
    Then my current Non PP sums are in effect ignored which is the sensless part to me. 
    I would hazard a guess it's more that they think they can make more money from you and are increasing the limit accordingly. If you don't spend on the credit, it's no bad thing to have more available but if you do see it as an excuse to spend more then it's not a good thing.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    Dandytf said:
    The point is?
    I would hazard a guess it's more that they think they can make more money from you and are increasing the limit accordingly. If you don't spend on the credit, it's no bad thing to have more available but if you do see it as an excuse to spend more then it's not a good thing.
    Quite possibly as 35% has been reached from original limit  until ev cable and AirPods 2 are repaid.
    PP have not been slow with recent increase, which reduces current to 21%.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Dandytf said:
    Nasqueron said:
    Dandytf said:
    The point is?
    Quite possibly as 35% has been reached from original limit  until ev cable and AirPods 2 are repaid.
    PP have not been slow with recent increase, which reduces current to 21%.
    35% is an irrelevant nominal value, if you have open debt, even on 0%, it counts against you. Why would you need to put some £130 buds on credit repayments? Surely better to save and pay in one go to cause less harm to the credit record?
  • Dandytf
    Options
    @Nasqueron
    Not found any Negative credit effect, considering what's happened since AirPods pro2 via PP.
    I've managed to have access to multi existing credit facilities with next+pp generous limit increases.
    PP are being quite modern as are other credit/payment providers, lots of these are being included as genuine purchase method, which in PP's example allow multi payment sources to be chosen from.
    I don't expect any further Tech purchases for some time.
    The PP logo at purchase is Amazing, I've used Curry's/Next/Maybe JD Sports -though they can also use Klarna.
    +1 or 2 somewhat funny named providers of Credit via Homebase for paint.
    It's the kind of almost Embedded Payment methods for online purchases, quite Amazing.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure