Filling in self employed info on universal credit

Options
textbook
textbook Posts: 600 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 12 May at 9:29PM in Benefits & tax credits
Just submitted my self employment money in/money out form on universal credit.   On the pension bit i put £120 (my own private pension) .  I'm also PAYE for my other job, do I need to submit pension info from that and tax or ni deductions from PAYE payslip as well? 

On the deductions section I just put in total for what I paid for petrol then £10 for phone bill and £12 phone stuff as well.  Each expense had to be listed.  

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 May at 7:36AM
    Options
    No.  Separate PAYE job earnings information including employee pension is received by UC via an RTI data feed from HMRC.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • Yamor
    Yamor Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If the petrol is for a car, then you shouldn't be including petrol as an expense. Instead, you just tell them how many miles you've driven, and they deduct a fixed amount per mile.
  • textbook
    textbook Posts: 600 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yamor said:
    If the petrol is for a car, then you shouldn't be including petrol as an expense. Instead, you just tell them how many miles you've driven, and they deduct a fixed amount per mile.
    It's for a van.  Partly used for work Partly for driving to paye job and Partly social
  • Yamor
    Yamor Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Right, ok, then you have a choice to EITHER simply tell them the miles, OR to calculate the proportion of your motor expenses which are for your self-employed work, and include those as expenses each month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure