🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Has anyone had experience of James Hay Partnership?

Options
I'm really struggling to get James Hay to transfer over my late father's pension to my mother.  They don't allow you to speak to the Claims Team, the Contact Centre will only message the claims teams, they don't answer the questions asked of them, even by email and the complaints department aren't responding.
I'm at my wits end and my mother is distraught.
Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,727 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really struggling to get James Hay to transfer over my late father's pension to my mother.  
    If there was an expression of wish in place, and a copy of the Will and death certificate have been supplied and accepted then the claims team will usually get it sorted within weeks.  If there is no expression of wish, you could be looking up to 6 months whilst investigations are carried out.

If your father was aged over 75 then there is a problem with all pensions at the moment, with over 75s, because of the new legislation being rushed and messed up needing a follow-up to sort out. 

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • mistycow
    mistycow Posts: 2 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks @dunstonh. It's just the sheer lack of responsiveness and shocking customer service which is compounding the whole problem. They don't seem to want to resolve anything.  I just wondered if anyone was experiencing similar issues.
    Their complaints team have not responded, is the next step the Financial Ombudsman?

• LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you made a formal complaint, preferably in writing and headed "COMPLAINT"?
    If you get no / unsatisfactory response, you can take it to the ombudsman, but if this is a legislation problem a) it's not their fault (although not responding to you is) and b) you won't get a quick response from the ombudsman either

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure