Lloyds fixed 2 Year Cash ISA

Options
Morning, 

Just a couple of quick questions...

Last month I opened the above account with 5K & will be topping up shortly with the remaining 15K of this year's allowance...

1) Can I transfer in any other maturing Cash ISAs at any point during these 2 years

2) Will I just be able to add to this same cash ISA during the 25/26 tax year up to 20K, without the need to open up another cash ISA?

Cheers

Comments

• Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    For most fixed term cash ISAs,  the answer to both questions is No.

However a small number of providers are more flexible, and I think ( you need to check ) LLoyds is one of them.

In which case I would guess the answer to 2) is yes, and the answer to 1) is at the providers discretion.
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning, 

Last month I opened the above account with 5K & will be topping up shortly with the remaining 15K of this year's allowance...

1) Can I transfer in any other maturing Cash ISAs at any point during these 2 years

2) Will I just be able to add to this same cash ISA during the 25/26 tax year up to 20K, without the need to open up another cash ISA?

Cheers

Why not open another ISA with Oak North or Shawbrook paying 4.6% if you want a high St name TSB 4.35%
    I think there is time limit on transfers in to LLoyds
  • CrickJon
    CrickJon Posts: 70 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning, 

Cheers

Pretty sure the Lloyds 2 year fix allows contributions throughout? If so, you'd be free to add £20k of new money each year (so £15k remaining this tax year as you said) and £20k next tax year. And you'd be able to transfer in other ISAs using the transfer process as these aren't new money.
  • alternate
    alternate Posts: 703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The main selling point of that Lloyds issue was the ability to add money over the term.  It wasn't the best available rate at the time but many opened it as insurance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback