Think I might of been missold a cooker

Options
Hello I brought this model hotpoint hdm67v9cmb

It says it has a feature called 

The hydrolytric Diamond clean uses steam to make cleaning easier, you can just wipe the dirt away

However I checked other retailers and they say the same thing 

But the cooker does not have it as videos show you put water on the bottom and select the mode but the oven does not come with it 

How many people will of been missold this 

Hotpoint support are clueless to this 

What do I do 

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you have evidence that the goods don't meet the advertised specification then you can take this up with the retailer (not the manufacturer, unless you bought direct) - assuming you've done so, what do they say?  What outcome do you want?
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    @Chrisw030290 that feature is not listed on the Hotpoint website for that model.

Where did you buy it from ?
  • Chrisw030290
    Chrisw030290 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's listed on the very and currys website 

I brought it from very 
  • Chrisw030290
    Options
    https://www.very.co.uk/hotpoint-hdm67v9cmb-60cm-wide-double-oven-electric-cooker-with-ceramic-hob-black/1600615767.prd

Harness the natural power of steam for a no-nonsense clean
    A 35-minute self-cleaning steam programme loosens fat and food residue from the special coating on the sides of the oven, so you can quickly wipe down after the cycle has ended. A no-nonsense way to keep your oven clean.

Currys 

The hydrolytric Diamond clean uses steam to make cleaning easier, you can just wipe the dirt away

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/hotpoint-multiflow-hdm67v9cmb-60-cm-electric-ceramic-cooker-black-10230097.html

The cooker itself don't have that feature bit 2 retailers are saying it does

So I don't know if I been missold the product 

• eskbanker
    Options
    Personally I don't think it's particularly relevant to keep using the term 'missold', when you simply need to be asserting your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, so it's all about demonstrating that goods aren't as described (section 11) and exercising the relevant remedies from there, rather than trying to prove that there was any deliberate intent to deceive as such.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/part/1/chapter/2/crossheading/what-remedies-are-there-if-statutory-rights-under-a-goods-contract-are-not-met
  • Chrisw030290
    Options
    I didn't know how to word it I don't know how two retailers list the feature but it don't come with the feature 

I dont think I was missold I did buy the cooker thinking it had that feature but as it don't I don't know what it be classed as 

I don't know if they put it by mistake or if was listed but removed from later versions 

• eskbanker
    Options
    OK, but the question remains, what outcome do you want?  Are you looking to return it for a full refund, or keep it for a partial refund, or to obtain a replacement with this feature, etc?  How long have you had it for, and have you taken the matter up with the retailer yet?
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go back to Very and state they on their website this feature is listed but its not working/available on the one they delivered to you. See resolution Very offer, but if you've used the cooker it might be harder to return it and get the full value.
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Go back to Very armed with a screenshot of the description along with the URL and ask them for whatever resolution you are looking for.

• Chrisw030290
    Options
    OK I will do have had the cooker for a week now but wanted to use the self clean option but cpuld not find it in the manal nor hotpoint website can I contact them 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback