PAC code/transferring number issue who is to blame? Anything I can do?

Options
dekaspace1
dekaspace1 Posts: 408 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
I got my PAC code on 10th April though I didn't use it until the 15th as I got a new contract from another network and waited until it arrived and was activated knowing I had a month to use it, transfer was meant to be on the 18th April, this never happened but I was away at relatives for a week so had no chance to contact, I contacted on the 26th and was told it was live and they would fill in a form and to wait 48 hours, left it and still nothing so contacted again on the 6th to be told again they would fill in a form and to wait 48 hours, For info this was by livechat so I have screen captures of them confirming this.

Today I phoned instead and was told the code was unverified? and they were going to put it through but as it runs out tomorrow I need a new code from my current provider.

Old provider is O2 new is Vodafone, I don't like how I have paid for an extra month for a sim card I haven't used so wanted to ask of whomever the fault was for a credit for that month thats if that sounds reasonable.

But are either to blame?

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Regarding number porting problems, the rules say that the new network is responsible for sorting it out and providing compensation. But in this case you would also need to share some responsibility for not being proactive, so any compensation will be less. 

eg you should have reported the problem on the day and not waited until the 26th. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback