Home Responsibilities Protection (HRP) payment - How Long for Update?

Options
Hi All
I wanted to ask what peoples experience has been with claiming HRP? My mother ( who is 75) received her letter from HMRC within 3 weeks to say she was owed HRP on her NI Record. This was back at the beginning of March and has since heard nothing else about what she is owed or if her pension is going up. Should we contact DWP or should she just wait a little longer? Any experiences or advice much appreciated

Comments

• Steve__R
    Steve__R Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Based upon our experience I wouldn't hold your breath. My wife applied in July 23, got a fast response from HMRC about 10 days later confirming that several years HRP were owed and it was passing case to DWP. Since then complete silence. We wrote to the DWP to query progress in February 24 but received no reply. So we are at about 10 months since filling out the form and do not have the slightest idea what is going on. Given that my wife is in the 'high priority' category having been retired for 16 years, I feel sorry for anyone in a lower priority. They have said that they hope to have all of the arrears paid by the end of 2025, so  this suggests some people will have to wait another 18 months or so.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback