🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New ISA rules

Options
So i put £17750 into a Paragon 5 year fixed cash ISA last month, so i have £2250 of this years allowance left.
Can i put that anywhere or must it go in another Paragon account?

Comments

• Peter999_2
    Peter999_2 Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can put it anywhere you want, the only rule is that the total must not add up to more than £20,000.

See here (Cash ISA need-to-knows point 6)

Best cash ISAs: up to 5.17% easy access, up to 4.72% fixed - MSE (moneysavingexpert.com)
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Krakkkers said:
    So i put £17750 into a Paragon 5 year fixed cash ISA last month, so i have £2250 of this years allowance left.
    If anything, you'd probably have to put it somewhere OTHER than Paragon. 😉

We've heard that many providers restrict you to one ISA with THEM.

They can't stop you opening another elsewhere.

How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.57% of current retirement "pot" (as at end May 2024)
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sea_Shell said:
    Krakkkers said:
    If anything, you'd probably have to put it somewhere OTHER than Paragon. 😉

We've heard that many providers restrict you to one ISA with THEM.

They can't stop you opening another elsewhere.

I think Paragon are one of the providers that operate a 'portfolio ISA', where you can open more than one cash ISA with them in a tax year, and somehow within the ISA rules it is just seen as one ISA.
    This was available before the recent change in ISA rules.

Otherwise you are right that some providers are dragging their heels in adapting to the new ISA rules.
  • Travelman2
    Travelman2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've invested 14k in my Cash Isa with Kent Reliance, I can't add more as it would take me over the FSCS limit for that savings provider. 

Today they've written to me telling me I need to sign and return a form to them agreeing to not being able to use my remaining 6k allowance with another Cash Isa provider. If I don't sign the form they're going to return my investment to me, 

When I called them they say they do not recognise the new Isa rules announced by The Chancellor so I've raised a complaint with them. 

I'm fuming !! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport