IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Parking Control Limited Fine and CCJ (before tribunal) Advice

Options
Good evening, 

My sister was issued a parking fine, appeal declined. She was then sent a letter stating court action, she completed the form stating that she would defend the case and we were waiting to hear back from them and then write our defence document for the tribunal. 

Today she was sent a letter stating acknowledgment of her response, however a CCJ has been issued. 

Is this correct? We were simply awaiting the tribunal hearing date. 

A couple of weeks ago we wrote to private parking company (UK Parking Control Limited) requesting a SAR, we have not heard from them yet, I know they have 28 days to respond. 

Something seems a bit off here like a step has been missed. 

Thank you so much in advance 

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 May at 5:00PM
    Options
    Looks like you have misunderstood.

Filing an Acknowledgment of Service buys you an extra fourteen days to file a defence. 
    No reminder to file a Defence is sent.

You missed the Defence filing deadline.

It does say on the back of your Claim Form...

The last sentence there is significant...
    If you send an acknowledgment of service you must send a defence to the court to arrive no later than 28 days from the date of service.
  • sdm1985
    sdm1985 Posts: 13 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Looks like you have misunderstood.

Filing an Acknowledgment of Service buys you an extra fourteen days to file a defence. 
    No reminder to file a Defence is sent.

You missed the Defence filing deadline.

It does say on the back of your Claim Form...

The last sentence there is significant...
    If you send an acknowledgment of service you must send a defence to the court to arrive no later than 28 days from the date of service.
    Thank you for coming back to me. The acknowledgement was sent back and we should still be within the 28 days to send the defence? 

With all this said, what is the best next steps for us? 

Thanks again. 
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What was the issue date on the claim form. ?

What was the date that the AOS was logged by the CNBC in Northampton. ?

Login to MCOL and check the claim history, copy and paste it below 

• KeithP
    Options
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?

Upon what date did you file an Acknowledgment of Service?
    Your MCOL Claim History will have the definitive answer to that.
  • sdm1985
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you both. 

We could not access the portal and my sister called and explained that there were issues accessing this and to leave a note on the account, we then sent the hard copy stating that we would defend the case. 

I will try and confirm all dates shortly, I believe there would have been a delay because of posting, but we surprised to see the CCJ already issued. 

Would you say it’s best to now make payment, CCJ removed and then file a complaint hasn’t UKPCL? 
  • KeithP
    Options
    sdm1985 said:
    Would you say it’s best to now make payment, CCJ removed and then file a complaint hasn’t UKPCL? 
    Difficult to answer that before knowing the critical dates.
    At the moment I cannot see that the Claimant has done anything wrong.
  • sdm1985
    First Post
    Options
    I have just gone back through messages and the first letter was sent 03/04/2024 and then the second on 24/04/2024 saying that we had not responded, between that time the letter was returned, but today they informed us that a CCJ has already been issued. 
  • KeithP
    Options
    sdm1985 said:
    I have just gone back through messages and the first letter was sent 03/04/2024 and then the second on 24/04/2024 saying that we had not responded, between that time the letter was returned, but today they informed us that a CCJ has already been issued. 
    Please answer this question...

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 May at 6:15PM
    Options
    Phone them tomorrow after 9am , get a copy of the claim history emailed together with a copy of the claim form 

Over the phone, ask for the issue date on the claim form, which you should have a copy of but haven't redacted and shared with us , so redact it properly and post a picture of it , leaving the date and POC showing etc ( no personal information. ) do the same with the CCJ letter too

Also get the date that the AOS was logged by them , plus the date that the CCJ document was issued 

Share all those crucial details with us, because without them nobody can answer your questions, or decide on a strategy 

Information first, advice later 
  • sdm1985
    First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    sdm1985 said:
    Please answer this question...

Sorry, claim form issue date was 03 April 2024
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure