Jet2 downgraded my room

Options
Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone can help with my dilemma. I booked a jet2 package holiday online and paid extra for a swim up room. The holiday was paid in full as departure was 5 weeks away. We originally had booked on a self catering basis but the week before we were due to fly we decided to upgrade again to an all inclusive basis. 
i was originally going to call Jet2 and see if they could do it but when i logged onto my bookings via the Jet2 app i saw, next to board basis, the option to upgrade was available. However, when i upgraded and paid the extra my swim up room was downgraded to a standard one bedroom apartment. I did not select this, i was not made aware of this at the time of upgrading my board that my room was being downgraded. i did notice that it just said one bedroom not swim up one bedroom but when i checked it said that i had the best room available so thought it was ok. 
On arriving at the hotel it turns out it was not ok, the room had been downgraded and if i wanted what i booked and paid for i'd have to pay again! 
I've contacted both the call centre and the in resort rep who cannot help. I would at least like my money back if nothing else but I don’t know what else to do. 
Does anyone have any help or suggestions please. 
Many thanks

Comments

• twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Usually you have to pay now for the facilities and claim back - which can be a pain and long process.
    Inform them right now by email so you have something in writing right now so they can't say you didn't let them know.
    You're highly unlikely to get Jet2 to do anything immediately.
    When you return send them a 'screen shot' - did you save one from your booking or can you access and save now?
    Say you want your money refunded - get a receipt if you pay.

But you did say that you made an assumption you would get one without it actually saying so.
    "However, when i upgraded and paid the extra my swim up room was downgraded to a standard one bedroom apartment. I did not select this, i was not made aware of this at the time of upgrading my board that my room was being downgraded. i did notice that it just said one bedroom not swim up one bedroom"
    This is when you should have called to check.

Is the room you have something extra special?
    Otherwise they have accepted you money and given you nothing in return.

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• kayleighali
    kayleighali Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    jo-bo said:
    Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone can help with my dilemma. I booked a jet2 package holiday online and paid extra for a swim up room. The holiday was paid in full as departure was 5 weeks away. We originally had booked on a self catering basis but the week before we were due to fly we decided to upgrade again to an all inclusive basis. 
    i was originally going to call Jet2 and see if they could do it but when i logged onto my bookings via the Jet2 app i saw, next to board basis, the option to upgrade was available. However, when i upgraded and paid the extra my swim up room was downgraded to a standard one bedroom apartment. I did not select this, i was not made aware of this at the time of upgrading my board that my room was being downgraded. i did notice that it just said one bedroom not swim up one bedroom but when i checked it said that i had the best room available so thought it was ok. 
    On arriving at the hotel it turns out it was not ok, the room had been downgraded and if i wanted what i booked and paid for i'd have to pay again! 
    I've contacted both the call centre and the in resort rep who cannot help. I would at least like my money back if nothing else but I don’t know what else to do. 
    Does anyone have any help or suggestions please. 
    Many thanks
    The bit in bold...did it definitely say best room available and not best room rate available? Best room rate tends to be the cheapest that will fit the number of occupants. I would have assumed that the best room would have been a suite or something similar and described that way rather than simply "best room available"
  • jo-bo
    jo-bo Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks both for the replies, I realise now that I should have contacted them when I saw one bedroom as opposed to one bedroom swim up but it did say after I’d paid that it was the best room available, not the best type. I went on the website to see if the room and board upgrade were incompatible but I can book all inclusive and swim up room so that’s not the issue. 
    My big bug bear is that it didn’t say “please note, your room has been changed” or words to that effect. Me upgrading to all inclusive should not have changed my room type, I’m at a loss as to why it was changed. 
  • jo-bo
    jo-bo Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve saved all my emails with my original booking and no this room is just a standard one bedroom. Really disappointed as this was a special trip. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback